Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: My Kit Car wheel falls off while driving! VIDEO included...
owelly

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:00 PM Reply With Quote
With a bit more road you could have matched the speed of the car to the errant wheel and bunny-hopped the hub back onto the wheel.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ali f27

posted on 16/4/12 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Love it owelly
dave r

posted on 17/4/12 at 05:58 AM Reply With Quote
send the clip to go-pro
they love clips like this

(shorten it first)

I'd love to give my imaginary friend a great big hug,

but this jacket makes it impossible.

Furyous

posted on 17/4/12 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
Someone I worked with was telling me about the new wheels he bought for his Vectra. They weren't the right fit so the garage had to fit spacers (Probably irrelevant, but it was part of the story). He was driving around a couple of days later with his young son in the passenger seat when he felt the steering wheel start to wobble a bit. It went away for a while but came back with a sudden judder. So he stopped and got out to look. One of the wheels was barely held on with one very loose nut! Suffice to say, he was rather angry when he spoke to the garage about it.
mcerd1

posted on 17/4/12 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote

I once tried to put a wheel from a saxo on my 106 - identical spec. but the alloy dust cap that acts as the spigot on the rears was just a bit too tight a fit and wouldn't let the wheel sit correctly
luckly I realised there was a problem before I got onto the road, it felt horrible

-

swanny

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Furyous
Someone I worked with was telling me about the new wheels he bought for his Vectra. They weren't the right fit so the garage had to fit spacers (Probably irrelevant, but it was part of the story). He was driving around a couple of days later with his young son in the passenger seat when he felt the steering wheel start to wobble a bit. It went away for a while but came back with a sudden judder. So he stopped and got out to look. One of the wheels was barely held on with one very loose nut! Suffice to say, he was rather angry when he spoke to the garage about it.

maybe studs werent long enough with aftermarket wheels but ok with orginals?

had a similar problem on my dads kit car as a passenger, heard a clicking noise for a few miles that we couldnt pin point, then on dual carriage way felt something small and reasonably heavy hit me in the chest, whihc then dropped onto the floor. finally found it and it was a wheel stud. old man stopped quikcly and we discovered just two studs in the near side rear wheel.

stud must have gone airborn up and forwards and dropped back to earth just in time to hit me.

paul

yellowcab

posted on 23/4/12 at 02:01 AM Reply With Quote
holey crap you're a smooth operator!

shocking to see - and that awful noise of brake disk on tarmac isn't a noise I like hearing!

take it easy,

Olz

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.