Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie
Sierra

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
How much would it cost to buy and fit a reverse gear?
ReMan

posted on 21/8/12 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
This is a new thread in itself

Electric £2-400?
Gearbox and props £6-900

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

Sierra

posted on 23/8/12 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
haha i wont go there then, ive found 2 cars that i like the look of but just wondering if anyone here recognises any of them or can tell me if they seem well specd. one has a live axel which im not sure is a good or bad thing.
http://forum.wscc.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/95751-westfield-se-c20xe-road-legal-competion-car-you-saw-it-1st-here/
MK Indy Kit Car Honda FireBlade engine | eBay

Sierra

posted on 24/8/12 at 03:57 PM Reply With Quote
Just spotted a third option which is the mnr r1 in the for sale section but it has a few issues like speedo not working, running rough and clutch abit odd oh and needs mot.
Does seem quiet nice though and has the reverse that I'll need if I went for bec

tul214

posted on 24/8/12 at 06:46 PM Reply With Quote
NTDWM but SYLVA STRIKER KIT CAR HONDA BLACKBIRD ENGINE HILLCLIMB RACE / TRACK CAR | eBay might fit the bill?

IMHO, the MK is not correctly registered and the Westfield looks like a cheap car with some nice parts.

It is coming to the end of the 'season' and if you can wait I'm sure there will be some bargains to be had later in the year.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Sierra

posted on 27/8/12 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
That's a good point about end of season, where's good to keep a look out for kit cars for sale apart from this site of course?
stevegough

posted on 28/8/12 at 07:06 AM Reply With Quote
Welcome to LCB, steve - I just wanted to say that, for a newbie, you seem to have an excellent theoretical grasp of the CEC / BEC differences! You pretty much summed them up in a few short paragraphs. Well done!

Now, what you really need to do is twofold-

Number 1 is DON'T rush and buy something you may end up regretting later. - However tempting they sound.
Number 2 is - take the advice a couple of people on here have already suggested, and go and sit in ( & try for size!) a few kits - find a couple of guys on here near you - most jump at the chance to show off their pride and joys, some will even let you drive them if you're lucky. You need to experience each of the Bike / Car engined variants - that will help you make a much more informed, intelligent choice - THEN find one that suits.

Take you time, and Good luck.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Sierra

posted on 28/8/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tul214
NTDWM but SYLVA STRIKER KIT CAR HONDA BLACKBIRD ENGINE HILLCLIMB RACE / TRACK CAR | eBay might fit the bill?

IMHO, the MK is not correctly registered and the Westfield looks like a cheap car with some nice parts.

It is coming to the end of the 'season' and if you can wait I'm sure there will be some bargains to be had later in the year.

Hi thanks for your reply, can I ask what you mean by the Westfield being a cheap car? Is it a bad body/chassis or the fact it's old?

Thanks

loggyboy

posted on 28/8/12 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sierra
Hi thanks for your reply, can I ask what you mean by the Westfield being a cheap car? Is it a bad body/chassis or the fact it's old?
Thanks

as in its good value!

[Edited on 28-8-12 by loggyboy]

Mistral Motorsport

Sierra

posted on 28/8/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Oh ok thanks, what are the 1989 westfields like as a base? Are there any issues to look for on them?
tul214

posted on 28/8/12 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by Sierra
Thanks

as in its good value!

[Edited on 28-8-12 by loggyboy]

What he said!

Lots of nice bits that are desirable and will save you when you get upgradeitus

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

adithorp

posted on 28/8/12 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Welcome to LCB, steve - I just wanted to say that, for a newbie, you seem to have an excellent theoretical grasp of the CEC / BEC differences! You pretty much summed them up in a few short paragraphs. Well done!

Now, what you really need to do is twofold-

Number 1 is DON'T rush and buy something you may end up regretting later. - However tempting they sound.
Number 2 is - take the advice a couple of people on here have already suggested, and go and sit in ( & try for size!) a few kits - find a couple of guys on here near you - most jump at the chance to show off their pride and joys, some will even let you drive them if you're lucky. You need to experience each of the Bike / Car engined variants - that will help you make a much more informed, intelligent choice - THEN find one that suits.

Take you time, and Good luck.

Getting yourself to Donington show this weekend would be a good place to start. If the weather is good then there'll be loads of cars to look at and compare and no harm in being cheeky asking to try sitting in some or cadging a ride out.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Sierra

posted on 29/8/12 at 04:19 PM Reply With Quote
Will definitely try to get to the show at the weekend, where can I find info on the show?
tul214

posted on 29/8/12 at 04:26 PM Reply With Quote
Appologies for this in advance but deatails are here

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Sierra

posted on 29/8/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Haha thanks for that it sent me to an interesting site that I haven't been on in a whole at first
Sierra

posted on 6/9/12 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
How would something like this perform on track and on the road, also any rough ideas on weight?
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/4198765.htm

tul214

posted on 7/9/12 at 04:54 AM Reply With Quote
I had seen that and in my mind had hatched a plan of buying it without the engine and sticking this in it.

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Sierra

posted on 7/9/12 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
What about the car as is, with the v8
adithorp

posted on 7/9/12 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
The Striker is a good car renownd for it'shandling. There are several versions though with different front suspension (in-board springs, out- board springs and early ones with complete Chevette front suspension) and it's not clear which that is.

With a heavy V8 up front it won't be as nimble and balanced as you might like in the corners. A light, revvy car engine (Toyota 4age?) or better still a bike engine, and it'd fly.

Sierra

posted on 11/9/12 at 02:06 PM Reply With Quote
The car sold.
Any thoughts on this one
FORMULA 27 KIT CAR COSWORTH TURBO
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=251147152472&index=2&nav=SEARCH&nid=37855992638

adithorp

posted on 11/9/12 at 03:47 PM Reply With Quote
F27 seem to ave a decent reputation but it all depends on the build quality.

Not sure about this bit though...
"...The car is the most fun you can have on four wheels. It can be driven to any show or any gathering as it is registered in 1967..."
I'd check whether it's correctly registered as an F27 or still the donor on the V5. Pre-SVA cars could say the original cars date on the V5 (don't know to be honest) but some cars were never correctly registered when built. When SVA came in there was an amnesty (long since finished) to get them corrected, but some slipped through the net. Getting it sorted now is difficult.

ReMan

posted on 11/9/12 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Well that answers that then....

Eddited to add, when I looked earlier the ad had been pulled!
Something ebay didn't like either? But it's back now

[Edited on 11/9/12 by ReMan]

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

tul214

posted on 11/9/12 at 05:59 PM Reply With Quote
WTF is the battery isolater doing on the back panel.

You stop at the lights and any f*ckwit could just twist it out?

Leave that one alone IMHO

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

Sierra

posted on 11/9/12 at 06:19 PM Reply With Quote
Your right, I seem to be desperate and looking at all sorts. I need to be more patient and wait for the right one, just gutted I recently missed out on a right bargain
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.