Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: "tallest story you been told........"
drmike54

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
I was told by my girlfriend, now my wife, that once we were married the sex would still be wild.

Started Welding the chassis!!!!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
donut

posted on 12/10/05 at 07:28 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to my world

Andy

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andywest1/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mark Allanson

posted on 12/10/05 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I was told by a Halfords employee that only the expensive alloy wheels had offsets, and the sub £400 a set ones had no offsets at all, and thats why they were so cheap

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

greggors84

posted on 12/10/05 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Love the story from halfords, sounds about right!

I used to work with a lad who was into his cars the same as me so we used to chat about them alot, me only being 15 and him being 19 he used to feed me some tales about his cars, i was always dubious of them though. Then a few years later i saw him at a car show with his 'modded' punto he had just bought. He was telling me how he had just spent thousands on TVs in his headrests, but wasnt allowed to fit them because he need a seperate TV licence for them and couldnt afford it for all 4. I just played along with some 'oh right' and 'i see'.

Then a few years later i see him working as a porter at the hospital where my mum works. I started chatting to him about cars again as it was the only thing we had in common, i asked him what he was driving these days as i had seen him in a 106 diesel. He said his new car had just gone into the garage to be tuned, so he had a little run about, fair enough i thought. Then he started telling me how they were taking the standard 2.0l V6 (???) out of his civic typeR and putting some 3l twin turbo or something in it. I just played along and didnt question him, mainly because he was harmless really, just a compulsive bullsh!tter, could have been funny to embarras him though.

I then told him how i was building a kit car, then i think it grasped him that i knew what i was talking about so he didnt tell me any more tall tales.

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

Jon Ison

posted on 12/10/05 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
the one i love too and I'm sure you get it regularly........

story goes your telling someone your "looking out for xxxxx" to complete your build........

often the reply goes "why didnt you tell me last week? I just threw one of those out"

dave1888

posted on 12/10/05 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
I was told by a guy he travelled from Edinburgh to Lochgoilhead in half an hour in his Porsche a distance of about 100 miles? and some very tight twisty roads.
I was also told by my g/friend now wife that sex would be better after marriage

flak monkey

posted on 13/10/05 at 06:53 AM Reply With Quote
We had an appretice at work who reckoned his Pug 106 would do a standing 1/4 in 7 seconds....

And one of my mates apparently has a 3 litre V6 in a Nova....yeah right. (he wont show us under the bonnet)

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

G.Man

posted on 13/10/05 at 08:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

I once heard that a kit manufacturer had managed to build a Seven style car that weighed in at less than 400kgs....

is there any connection to this and the current mk situation call me synical ( spelling )

[Edited on 12/10/05 by marc n]

Oooh whats the current MK situation, do tell more....

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

indykid

posted on 15/10/05 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mark Allanson
I was told by a Halfords employee that only the expensive alloy wheels had offsets, and the sub £400 a set ones had no offsets at all, and thats why they were so cheap

with the quality of the sub £400 halfords wheels, i could well believe that the odd couple get to the shop with no offset.

as for lies, a lad in my general studies class, aptly named billy bullshit, told me him and his dad had spent the weekend putting a straight 6 in his mum's scenic
the enine arrived friday dinner, they stashed it in the garage, and by monday morning it was done. his mum apparently set off for work, none the wiser to the new found power, and crashed it before she'd even got to the main road.

i also remember being told that a lad's dad had got 165mph out of a standard 2.0 primera sport effort. i pmsl

why do they do it?
tom

my pinto indy will do 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, probably because it only weighs 275 kg the chassis tubes are filled with helium

Simon

posted on 15/10/05 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
We had a teacher at school whose nickname were Bullshit Len - his favourite tale was that during the war (which one was not clear), he came face to face with two Germans, but only had one bullit left.

He threw his bayonet into the ground, fired his last shot at the blade, split the bullit and got them both!!

Another one, was a guy I thumbed a lift from (in a Mk1 Granda? 2.5 V6 with badly slipping clutch). Said it did 0-60 in 3.5 sec.

Needless to say I nodded politely - I least I was getting a free lift

ATB

Simon

scotty g

posted on 16/10/05 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
Over the years (and i'm only 33) i have lost count of the amount of people who claim to have served in the SAS, they always seem to be carrying substantial beer bellies, all part of the training i guess!!!!!!!!!!!
Peteff

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
Well when I was is the SAS you had to drink at least 14 pints a day, it was one of the rules, honest.

Remind me I have to stop making stuff up somebody.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

jollygreengiant

posted on 16/10/05 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
A Chap that I know had his new company car delivered. A nice new BMW 316. He tried to convince me that it was a V6. Even when I opened the bonnet & counted out the spark plugs 1, 2, 3, 4, no more. He still wouldn't have it, cos the dealer had told him it was a V6.

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

Simon

posted on 16/10/05 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Reminds me of a friend who went to look at a petrol Peugeot 306 - couldn't see the plugs (new deep in head apparantly) - dealer said new petrol engines didn't need them

Dealer since closed down!!

ATB

Simon

Peteff

posted on 16/10/05 at 11:00 PM Reply With Quote
Someone I knew told me his car didn't need spark plugs as it had fuel injection. I couldn't explain to him that the fuel needs igniting so I left him to it, ignorance is bliss.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.