posted on 27/5/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Better quality on board footage here

bazwaz

posted on 27/5/06 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Under investigation.
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36063

Peteff

posted on 27/5/06 at 04:17 PM Reply With Quote
That video says it all. He looked like he was parking up for the shopping, locked the front and went wide my @rse. Put him at the back or start him from the pit lane if they still do that.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

andyps

posted on 27/5/06 at 04:28 PM Reply With Quote
There have been many questionable decisions about the legality of Ferrari cars and their actions whilst the cobbler has been driving for them. Anyone remember the incident in the year he broke his leg when the car was found illegal at teh end of one of the races, Ross Brawn stood up and showed everyone where it was wrong, and how it contravened the regulations, yet somehow they managed to escape a penalty because it was a "manufacturing" error - by about 1cm in an F1 car. Come off it, I doubt any builder on here would be happy with that much tolerance!!

Also generally thought that Ferrari used a similar fuel tank to that which got Honda a 2 race ban, but they were not investigated - their performance went down straight afterwards though.

So does he cheat? Depends on a definition of cheat I guess, but todays manouvre looks very suspicious to me, especially at Monaco where pole is so important.

Andy

An expert is someone who knows more and more about less and less

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Its amazing how much debate the phrase "give the guy a break " can generate.

I must admit the video looks bad, If he had reversed on to the track and hit other cars it would have been worse, and judging by the prevoius few corners he had totally shot his brakes.

But that little shimme of the steering wheel doesen't look good.

I await the judges decission.

;

ChrisGamlin

posted on 27/5/06 at 04:44 PM Reply With Quote
Im not sure how he could have shot his brakes in qualifying after only a handful of slow laps then a single qualifying blast, they arent allowed to change pads etc between qualifying and the race so if he was in trouble there, then he'll only last a handful of laps tomorrow.

I agree if he'd backed into someone whilst trying to manouvre away from the barrier then it could have been worse, but what he did at that point IMHO isnt relevent, it was how he got there to start with that's the problem.

I know you think there's a witch-hunt against Schuey here but honestly, if someone else did it I think most would be fundamentally saying the same thing and calling for them to be put to the back etc, its just that Michael has a less than pure history in these kind of things so that stirs things up even more.

[Edited on 27/5/06 by ChrisGamlin]

Browser

posted on 27/5/06 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
I remember reading somewhere a quote by a mechanic for one of the other teams saying that Ferrari are colloquially known as TCB by everyone else.

TCB= Those Cheating Ba****ds

Johnmor

posted on 27/5/06 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
Very few people called them that when Mclaren was winning all the races,

Then, they were the best hope of a good race.

Every team pushes the rules to the limit,
Honda (fuel tanks) McLaren (chassis weight) Renault (tyres) Redbull (engine design)

Its just a case of who does it best, and the loosers moan that "its not fair"when they get caught.

JoelP

posted on 27/5/06 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
i must point out, stretching the rules is a completely different game to unsporting behaviour.
BKLOCO

posted on 27/5/06 at 06:58 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry guys The question of did he cheat or not is answered bu the fact that he is German driving for Italians!!!
No question!!!

Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want!!!

I love speed :-P

posted on 27/5/06 at 07:42 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=36071

the plot thickens

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zenarcher

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:10 PM Reply With Quote
From the same source,this was part of Maclaren CEO Whitmarch's comment.

Whitmarsh also related Kimi Raikkonens wry observation on the Schumacher incident.

"I think the best comment I've heard on it since it happened was Kimi's own view that in fact he(Shumacher) should've taken one hand off the steering wheel, covered the camera with one hand, and done it with the other..."

Hellfire

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
If Schumacher felt the need to cheat, he would have made a better job of it than that. Despite the fact that he's the most talented driver ever to grace Formula 1 and also a legend in your lifetime, he is still only human.

theconrodkid

posted on 27/5/06 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
i cant see any locking of wheels,he straightens up for the tight full lock corner,he was going so slowly, he just brushed the covering on the tyre barrier.
without doubt one of the best drivers out there he shouldnt have made a mistake like that.
looks like "ferrari tactics".
will he get pushed to the back of the grid?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

tks

posted on 27/5/06 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
well

the answer is yes!!

its better of the sport, because i personally didn't take the fia with their stupid rulez to seriously...but seeing this and he won't get punished is weird...

sow i'm glad he is punished for what he did...

i'm sure they could imagine a number of rulez he had broken by just parking his car there...

for me case is done altough medication doesn't heals wounds, i never liked schumachter because of this actions...

you always smell something of thiskind of things when you see him smileing...

its like the famous best guy in class wich is the biggest asshole there is..

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

omega 24 v6

posted on 27/5/06 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
It's a "we'll never know for sure situation" but the general overall concensus is it was deliberate so the back of the grid beckons
The critical error for me in all this was the press conference when the usually well informed efficient German was in a flap and very nervous. He even said he couldn't remember the name of the corner "rascass or something" I think he said.
The most famous F1 track in the world in history and the multi world champion does'nt know the name of the corner (clang as a bollock is dropped).
Should be a good race tommorrow and the the superbikes after that. Just finished decorating so I don't get nagged by swmbo for sitting all day watching TV. Will my car ever get finished???

MikeRJ

posted on 27/5/06 at 10:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by theconrodkid
will he get pushed to the back of the grid?

I have to admitt, it looks very much like it was done on purpose, but it's just so blatant how could ther ever hope to get away with it? Maybe it's reverse pyschology, make it look like blatant cheating and people will think you'd never make it that obvious

Peteff

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
Why did he need to reverse? He didn't look that close to the wall in the video, the brakes only locked momentarily and he was still steering the car after that, towards the wall though.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

tks

posted on 27/5/06 at 11:13 PM Reply With Quote
whas thinking the same

but then i though about the front wing..by turning more in could they touch the walls..

anyway if he would have loosened the brakes a bit the car would go downwards a bit and then he could have escaped easyly with out reverse gear...

also he said somewhere the tried to find reverse..

but he also says i didn't wanted to go reverse because i couldn see traffic comeing...

the stranges move is the steering correction while the backend isn't moveing / sliding/loosing grip...

maybe it wasn't planned but he didn't do much for improveing the situation....

also my opinion is that a fault needs a punishment.... and not a pole posistion...

its that easy!! sow maybe he didn't wanted to but at the end he created that situation.. sow he should be punished..

for it..
You:No agent i didn't wanted to kill him.
Agent: But you did!

for me its that simple...

altough saying that i think that the bar team was bigger punished with the tank incident then schumi on this one...

also i like the 112 rule wich is used:

"Article 112 enables the stewards to delete any number of a driver's qualifying times for a driving infringement, which decision is not susceptible to appeal," the Statement said. "The stewards accordingly direct that the qualifying times of Michael Schumacher, the driver of car number five, be deleted. The effect of this is that...the driver will start the race from the back of the grid."

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Jon Ison

posted on 28/5/06 at 07:10 AM Reply With Quote
I recently had an accident in my car, no I didnt do it on purpose.

I know, he as lost pole, wrong decision in my opinion.

omega 24 v6

posted on 28/5/06 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Does he still have to start with his quali race set up? or does it become an open set up situation as if he qualied outside the top 10?
If so a fuel to the end and one set of tyres and MS could still be well up in the points. I'm not a big fan of the German but he is an out and out racer. Trouble is, for me he has no personality, if he did his following would be even bigger. He is too clinical/professional and lacks that certain something. IMHO

Simon

posted on 28/5/06 at 11:50 PM Reply With Quote
I think if I was to vent my thoughts on him in a public place such as this, I think I'd end up in court.

No, he isn't the best driver of all time. He may have seven title to his name, but at least two seasons were in a car that was simply miles ahead of anything else.

No. it's no good.

From the MoS.

Headline: "You're a cheat"

Selected quotes (cos I can't be arsed to type them all out)

Keke Rosberg - "He's cheap cheat. He should just go home and leave the sport to honest people".

Flavio Briatore - "It was unbelievable, Schumacher didn't even hit the barrier. He's parked the bloody car in Fernando's way. It's a disgrace. He's taking everyone for a ride. Someone who was 7 times WC wants us to believe he didn't do it on purpose - it's fairyland".

Villeneuve - ....... "In fact, Schumacher's reckless driving nine years ago in Jerez caused the FIA, the sport's governing body, to erase him from the championship records for that season

Australia 1994 - last of season - who drove into who to stop one becoming WC

I think the bloke doesn't understand the concepts of sport and sporting.

And the governing body's complete inability to hand out severe punishment is another reason (aside of the boredom) that I don't watch F1

ATB

Simon

wildchild

posted on 29/5/06 at 04:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by omega 24 v6
Trouble is, for me he has no personality, if he did his following would be even bigger. He is too clinical/professional and lacks that certain something. IMHO

Compare with Valentino Rossi. Similar long term domination at the top of his sport, but practically everyone likes him. Why? He's not a miserable git.

Syd Bridge

posted on 29/5/06 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
Did anyone catch the comment from Martin Brundle, that Ferrari had taken the opportunity to change both engines, as the cars were at the back of the grid anyway?

If they did change them both, then Silverstone should be interesting, with both Ferraris on not too fresh engines.

Cheers,
Syd.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.