Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Which one?
unkle

posted on 23/10/07 at 11:30 PM Reply With Quote
oh dear, think i'm in love..................

1996 P reg (built from all new parts) Westie SEI (Widebody) 1.6cvh - looks in very very good condition. Full weather gear, red, leather blah blah blah. Up for £6950 but reckon he'll take an offer...................

hhhhmmmm...............

procomp

posted on 24/10/07 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
Hi if you find you are needing any paticular westfield info or help you could try the WSCC FORUM They may even be able to shed light on the history of any car you are looking at purchacing. Not to mention that they have a verry good club scene with allsorts of local meets. And a good magazine also.

Sorry i will take my Westfield hat off now. So how do we build this car for £250 again .

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 24/10/07 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Sorry i will take my Westfield hat off now. So how do we build this car for £250 again .

Easy barter, theft, scrounging and a time machine set to 10 years ago.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

unkle

posted on 24/10/07 at 11:31 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi if you find you are needing any paticular westfield info or help you could try the WSCC FORUM They may even be able to shed light on the history of any car you are looking at purchacing. Not to mention that they have a verry good club scene with allsorts of local meets. And a good magazine also.

Cheers Matt

Cheers for that, i've registered and posted, amazingly there are no meets in Kent of SE london!

[Edited on 24/10/07 by unkle]

damien

posted on 25/10/07 at 07:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Cheers for that, i've registered and posted, amazingly there are no meets in Kent of SE london!

[Edited on 24/10/07 by unkle]

i know that bugged me too. there seems to be a lack of meets in kent for us wannabes to have a look/chat with fellow builders.
im still looking at the idea of going for a westy starter kit and going locost the rest of the way. i do want to go along to there factory but its just so far away from kent.
the best thing to do is go along to a show/meet and have a look round all the different companys and have a good long chat with them.

Topaz gti6-tb 205 Gti (ph1.5)
Sigma 2.0 8v 306 XSI (ph1)
Provence 1.9 8v dturbo (ph2)

DarrenW

posted on 25/10/07 at 09:05 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone want some of my popcorn before i scoff the lot???

As has said before i dont believe there is anyone here that can give a definitive answer as to which kit is best. Very few people are priviledged to be in the postition to have first hand experience of them all (owning and building) and even if they were they wouldnt have tried all of the various permutations. Every one has good points and bad points and every person has a different view on what they want and if the bad points are an issue or not.

Best advice is to come up with a short list and visit the factories and try and get a ride out in a car. If you dont like any then fine tune short list and try another couple. I couldnt wait to buy my kit but the best advice given was be patient. Hardest part of selecting was doing the comparisons as the kit packages do differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Sitting at ome it was impossible. After visitting MNR, MK and Mac#1 it became a lot easier and the short list was quickly shortened to MNR and Mac#1.

Rather than looking at what is included in the package and what the initial costs are, decide what you want out of the car and then pick the one that best suits. There is very little in it if you look at pure price. However total cost is another thing entirely. I havent been able to put a price on having parts available when i want them, great customer service and free refreshments.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.