Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: IF YOU'RE SELLING SOMETHING..........
Mr Whippy

posted on 21/3/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
One thing that is guaranteed to put me off something is -

'Serious offers only'

Probably the most stupid thing anyone can put in an ad

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 21/3/08 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have just realised i will be asking for help to value some of the stuff i lost in the fire so hope nobody mind when i post "how much is this worth"

Dangle_kt

posted on 21/3/08 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
I don't see a problem with, "how much is this worth" - but those posts surely don't belong in a "for sale" section?
Mix

posted on 21/3/08 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I regard the 'what's it worth' posts as another example of people's apparent reluctance to search the site. Most of the information is already here but how often are the same basic questions asked? I accept that the search function isn't the best but at least give it a try.
The historical responses are frequently far more accurate than the 'Chinese whispers' that currently abound.

Give it a go! Mick

Benzine

posted on 21/3/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Since the invasion of Iraq unofficial estimates of civilian deaths had varied from 10,000 to over 37,000. Just the other month over 100 Palestinians were killed in Gaza.

Still, that's nothing compared to how tough some of us have it here in the UK. Some people on an internet forum are having precious seconds taken away from them while drinking cups of tea reading through adverts for car parts.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ch1ll1

posted on 23/3/08 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
stolen from the r1 forum

Best Example... How NOT To Write A For Sale Thread!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have some parts for sale and I want to be paid more than they are worth on the black market.
I did not include pictures so you will have to guess what those parts are and what sort of condition they are in.
I would like to be as vague as possible while getting maximum dollar for my parts.
I would also like to see as many people as possible replying to this thread to ask the basic questions that I could have eliminated by posting pictures and giving a good description of the parts for sale in the very first post.
I ONLY accept PayPal because I trust no one and I am an investor in PayPal, so the more money PayPal makes from the mistrust of people, by people, the more money I make. If you are not an investor of PayPal but use them, thanks for the profits derived from a false sense of security based on your root lack of trust, you'll still get screwed.
Also, this is just a FEELER, I may or may not actually sell these parts, it depends on whether or not I can get overpaid for them. Even with the millions of parts that have sold on Ebay and the many thousand parts that have sold on this site that I could use as a reference, I still have no clue what they are actually worth and will rely on my own arbitrary sense of value of these parts. Plus an inflated guess of what shipping would be, if shipping were by a slow team of former laboratory mice driven by a chain-smoking ex-circus monkey that stops at every tavern that ends in "Inn" or "Place." His estimated bar tab will be included in the estimated price for shipping.

Mods, feel free to make this a sticky as an example of how NOT to write a "For Sale" post.

To those that actually describe their parts for sale AND include a picture, THANK YOU!

Jeezuz....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by bsgesch : 01-29-2008 at 06:01 PM.

Benzine

posted on 23/3/08 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote

worX

posted on 6/4/08 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
help me..........

can't stop staring at the Hoff's crotch..............

please help???

gazza285

posted on 6/4/08 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
That is just wrong.

DO NOT PUT ON KNOB OR BOLLOCKS!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.