Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How many van drivers knew this ?
I love speed :-P

posted on 23/4/08 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by les g
yes the q was asked about hummers large 4x4s and if they are over that 2020kg figure they can be nicked as well if the fascists know are feeling mean and know the rules
les g

[Edited on 22/4/08 by les g]

That cant be right, because lots of cars such as BMW 7 series, Bentleys etc all have a gross weight over 2020 kgs. And as long as a 4x4 is not classified as a goods vehicle and is not over 3500 kgs surly its classed as a car not a van?

Don't Steal
The Government doesn’t like the competition

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
wilkingj

posted on 23/4/08 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Also there are lower limits still on Class B and Class C roads for ALL vehicles.

Also applies to vehicles towing as well.

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
NS Dev

posted on 23/4/08 at 06:34 PM Reply With Quote
interesting one!!

No idea the max gross weight on my bmw 7 series, but its 1725kg UNLADEN so its probably over the limit.

I fairly regularly tow 1700kg on the back as well.........

(though I guess then the trailer speed limits apply anyway! )

Retro RWD is the way forward...........automotive fabrication, car restoration, sheetmetal work, engine conversion retro car restoration and tuning

MkIndy7

posted on 23/4/08 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm by the terminolgy or car derived van etc i'd guess the clasification is in the design?

There's 2 vans that look like the clio.. there's the type thats a clio with the rear 2 windows and the boot panneled over, so i'd guess this is a car derived van?
(like the astra vans which are basically an estate with panneld in windows)

And then the Kangoo which is a van on a cars running gear?

I'd stab a guess at that being the difference? if it is there's a hell of alot of even small white van men that could be in trouble should they start really clamping down.

rusty nuts

posted on 23/4/08 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Suspect the reason for the lower limits is because when the laws were made vehicle brakes were not as efficient as they are now and the laws have never been changed?
JoelP

posted on 23/4/08 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
bugger em, just got to keep your eyes peeled!
Jon Ison

posted on 23/4/08 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
bugger em, just got to keep your eyes peeled!

I do, hence 72 in what I believed to be a 70, obviously need'd to scrub off more leptons than I thought.

But tell me this, what happens to my van when the A1M becomes the A1 ? How the heck does it know to reduce the efficiency of the brakes ? Is there some sort of GPS system on board I didnt know about ? The law in this case is an absolute Ass.

JoelP

posted on 23/4/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
The law in this case is an absolute Ass.

What change then?!

I passed a cop on the motorway at over 90 tonight, had to stand on the brakes You know he was gutted he'd put the speed gun down!

Schrodinger

posted on 23/4/08 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jollygreengiant
Yep I had this argument on a radio phone in show with a chief constable. Asked him why the fixed speed cameras were singling out the car driver because they did not make allowances for the vehicles weights. But then he lied and said they do. If that was the case then they would have to take a photo of every vehicle and then the police would have to examine every photo and asses the weight limit of the vehicle from information held a swansea and then issue tickets appropriately.
I'm sure that some one with money could get these cameras outlawed on the grounds of human rights because they only target a specific group of drivers and make no attempt to up hold the law as it applies to ALL classes of vehicles equally

I understand that SOME of the cameras have height sensors attached so that they can tell if the vehicle is an HGV

Keith
Aviemore

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.