Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Regimented obstreperous t0$$er!
froggy

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
did your car pass? i doubt this will come to anything as the appeal form is to deal with cars that should have failed or should have passed not for the tester being a knob. why anyone takes their car to a chain for a test is beyond me

oops re read the first post ,if anything the guy might get 30 points and the same for the ae which is nothing .if he was on the phone to vosa then they must have given him some grounds for refusing to test it probably because it has no reverse gear . i would go and get your money back and put it behind you as you need a thick skin to get by in the motor trade and even more so if you are a tester

[Edited on 12/5/08 by froggy]

adithorp

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:22 PM Reply With Quote
At my SVA today the tester joked "lets see how many times I stall it" when about to get it out of the rollers. I asked if it was easier if I pushed him and he thought that was a good idea!

Is the Hi-Q still one of thiers or has it been franchised off. They've been doing this for the last year. Also VOSA use Hi-Q to test new procedures (they did the computerisation testing).

Find an independant test station, make friends with them and check when thay are quietest before taking a kit in. Much as they might enjoy testing it they'd rather not do it when busy with wee easy 3 year old tin tops.

adrian

miikae

posted on 12/5/08 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by graememk
quote:
Originally posted by miikae
HiQ are fully aware of this thread and now Head Office are in the process of sorting it all out .

Mike

tell us more mike

I contacted HiQ head office and told them about the problem also to look on here for the full SP so far , They did just that and emailed me as below--
--------------------------------------------------
To Quote --HiQ

Dear Mike,

Thank you for making us aware of this. I will escalate this to the relevant Operational Manager.

Regards
Geraldine

HiQ Customer Service
----------------------------------------------------
Watch this space to see what happens .

Mike

If it can be done it i will be done .

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
gingerprince

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
There should be no difference whether taking it to a chain or an independent garage. The MOT is a regulated test and you should be treated the same way wherever you go. I've MOT'd mine and the Mrs's tintops there for the last few years, and the MK got MOT'd there 18 months ago with no issues.

Now got it booked into an indy garage on Thursday, as recommended from a friend who knows he's a reasonable chap!

For reference, I didn't get charged because the test didn't even start, so the V17 won't be of use. I have now written to the VOSA enforcement office though so will leave it with them.

gingerprince

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
Well, got the car MOT'd at another garage this morning and passed with no problem And it was cheaper too.

No doubt it'll probably rain now

iank

posted on 15/5/08 at 10:48 AM Reply With Quote
Good news. Hissing down in Cambridge right now.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

DarrenW

posted on 16/5/08 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
My mate used to be a tester. He did say recently that he is surprised any BECs get through without a reverse as the vehicle being tested has to be capable of being driven through each part of the test which includes back off the ramps at end of test.

Im surprised there arent more stories like this every year.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.