Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mallory park 750mc racing Oct 12th.
Custardtart

posted on 10/10/08 at 10:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dubstar_04
Whoa!! If any of the female drives want a grid bloke I will do it!!

I look aweful in speedos but if there are grid babes to brush up against it might be worth the embarassment, that is unless I got too excited, if you know what I mean!!!

Don't worry, we only race at Mallory at the begginning and end of the season so it'll be far too cold for anyone to notice your excitement!

They're only noodles

dubstar_04

posted on 11/10/08 at 01:25 PM Reply With Quote
Unfortunately that might be the case in any weather conditions!!
ernie

posted on 11/10/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Lucky you didn't come to Lydden then!
procomp

posted on 14/10/08 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hi.

Well Dan would not have been embarrassed as the weather was quite warm with the sun shinning all day. See i said it would

Qualifying for the locosters went well from our perspective. The top 12 all within a second of pole time. With #39 Stevezoide in 2nd #4 Allister Garatt in 5th #36 SMittell in 6th ( having never driven the circuit before.) #47 Rob palin 7th #28 blackie 8th And #21 gib1et in 12th. all was looking good for us as we had 4 cars and 5 engines in the top 10 of qualifying.

The race was the usual fraught affair from the very start with Rob Palin and SMittell battling for 1st 2nd 3rd with Ed pither. Sitting just behind them waiting for thier opportunity was blackie Stevezoide Allister Garatt with a few others in the bunch aswell.

The turning point of the race was when #3 richard jenkins lost it on the outside of gerrards ( the long flat out corner round the lake ) and ended up coming back into the pack and tacking Allister Garatt into the barriers on the inside. this allowed the front three to make a small breakaway as the rest where avoiding the incident. This left Allister Garatt who needed 5th or higher to gain 2nd in the championship now well down the field ( eventually regained to 9th position ) The front three where going at it in usual Locost racing style drafting and overtaking nonstop all round the circuit which allowed a few of the following group to pull up on the leaders again. which finished with the top four finishing within a second of each other.

Again another very close race with wheel to wheel racing three abreast through the esses and two abreast round gerrards God only knows what was happening at the hairpin i couldn't see from where i was

RESULTS for Locost can be found here

Now onto the RGB. I must admit i was not able to watch much of the race Due to the locosts still going through there scruitineering after there race. But it looked like the usual upfront with the BDSN and pell fighting for the lead and #7 progers in 3rd leading his class as usual ( this car is forsale at the mo by the way ) with the battle for the class c fireblades following behind. There was a red flag at one point during the race. Phill allcock i believe had a nasty accident on the back straight. ( hope all is well ) Race was resumed and continued in similar order as the first part had. Hopefully progers will be along to give a better account of the RGB race.

RGB results can found here.

And finaly one of the other great races of the day was the SR&GT. This saw the 600+bhp cobra of Cheng Lim battling with ( Sorry cant remeber his name ) in a yellow Crossel with a 200 ish bhp duratec i believe. The race was fantastic to watch the usual big V8 V the smaller 4 pot they where very close with the Cobra struggling to put the power down and the 4pot catching out the corners only to have the sheer grunt of the cobra pull cars gap by the end of the straights. Once they hit the back markers it was a different story with the nimbler crossel getting through them a bit easier that the cobra. it came too an end toward the end of the race with the Crossle pulling into the pits with a problem of some sort leaving Cheng to take victory. But what a race it was for the 20 odd minutes it lasted.

Unfortunately i can't find the final results online to link too. but will update if i can find them.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rmo79

posted on 16/10/08 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Results for the SR and GT are here:

http://www.750mc.co.uk/images/uploaded/15_Mallory_Park_12th_Oct_SRGT.pdf

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.