Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Chuffed with progress!
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 21/12/08 at 09:53 PM Reply With Quote
I've added a picture of the bracket I've welded up and fitted behind the steering column bearing mount. This relocates the shift cable further back in order to fit the flatshifter sensor between it and the flappy padles.

Flatshifter Bracket
Flatshifter Bracket

THe new Flatshifter manual states thet the sensor must be at the gearbox end of the shift cable. So since posting the above picture I've reloated the bracket to the right of the wheel towards the driver and removed the sensor.

[Edited on 1/2/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

Better to Burnout than to Fade Away JET METAL ~ AndySparrow ©

jambo

posted on 22/12/08 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
wots a flatshifter?
is it changing gear at full throttle?

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 22/12/08 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jambo
wots a flatshifter?
is it changing gear at full throttle?

Thats right, with a shifter you get full throttle clutchless up-shifts and , if you get the right model, clutchless down-shifts. Take a look at; Flatshifter link

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 12/1/09 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Cheers, thought id never seen the switches as actually indicator buttons. Dont suppose youve got the guys details you could u2u me as i need some mocked up, if not no worries.
Adam

Hi Gergely,

I did the Autosport Show last Sunday and visited the Trilogy stand. Unfortunately Andy, the chap that usually helps out with the inserts, wasn't at the show. I did speak to his brother Ian and left details of the inserts we are after. He said he would pass the request on and see what he could do so keep your fingers crossed.

Bassett, I think you wanted complete switches so hopefully the order codes helped you out?

yours, Clive

[Edited on 12/1/09 by sucksqueezebangblow]

richardh

posted on 12/1/09 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
looks superb
bassett

posted on 13/1/09 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, well i ordered through MNR as they do the switches now and had another order to place with them so they may may not come with them but hopefully i could just use some stickers but thanks for the help and may be something i get back to after sva
cheers
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 14/1/09 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bassett
Hi, well i ordered through MNR as they do the switches now and had another order to place with them so they may may not come with them but hopefully i could just use some stickers but thanks for the help and may be something i get back to after sva
cheers
Adam

Ian reckoned Andy will be at Stonleigh so if you still need inserts then I'll try again there.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 19/1/09 at 10:02 AM Reply With Quote
Bassett, Gergely,

I got a call from Andy at Trilogy this morning. He got me the "STOP" and rain (shower head & water symbol) switches. He's also going to get the four indicator arrow switch inserts you need. It'll be a few weeks but I'll let you know when they arrive.

bassett

posted on 19/1/09 at 12:07 PM Reply With Quote
Ours arrived from MNR over the weekend and the indicators now have the arrow direction signs rather than being blank - just need to wire them in now.
Cheers
Adam

My MNR Blog Updated Jan 2010 - Track Day Prep Begins!

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 26/1/09 at 12:32 PM Reply With Quote
Gergely,

Trilogy posted the Savage switches and inserts today including a pair of indicator inserts for you.

Do you still need them and if so where would you like them sent?

jacko

posted on 26/1/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Do you have a light to show low brake fluid / hand brake ?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Gergely

posted on 27/1/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Hi, no thanks, we originally toyed with the idea, but have eventually decided to put two small micro switches on the steering wheel and create indicator electronics under the dash. It will be push once for 3 flashes, or push for 0,5 sec for constant flashing indicator, another press of either button will cancel it.
We got the idea from Chockymonster and a friend will create the electronics.
Cheers anyway!
Gergely

Our build pictures

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 27/1/09 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gergely
quote:

Hi, no thanks, we originally toyed with the idea, but have eventually decided to put two small micro switches on the steering wheel and create indicator electronics under the dash. It will be push once for 3 flashes, or push for 0,5 sec for constant flashing indicator, another press of either button will cancel it.
We got the idea from Chockymonster and a friend will create the electronics.
Cheers anyway!
Gergely

No problem, they arrived today and they were the wrong ones anyway! (dual arrow instead of single arrow).

If anyone on the forum wants them just let me know. They are the Savage inserts only (not the switch just the symbol insert). I have two, each has two arrows pointing left and right. They are the symbol you would use as indicator warning light (as opposed to indicator switch). They're free to a good home.

sucksqueezebangblow

posted on 27/1/09 at 02:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
Do you have a light to show low brake fluid / hand brake ?

Hi Jacko,

Sorry for the delay, I missed your post somehow. Yes I do have a brake/handbrake warning light on the digital dash (comes as part of the dash). If you need one I think there is a Savage switch which can be used which has the warning symbol on it (they double up as warning lights). You should be able to get one from a Savage stockist or MNR.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.