OLD people
White Van Drivers
Non professional Car Drivers
Caravan Car drivers
other

Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: WHO are the worst drivers on motorways....
Agriv8

posted on 9/11/11 at 05:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasper
Well, in three hours time I've got to waste 4 hours of my life on a Speed Awareness Course.

And why did I get sent on one? I was caught doing 81mph on a straight wide piece of dual carriage a few miles from the start of the M23 at 7.30am on a Sunday morning in the summer - no traffic and dead straight piece of road in perfect weather conditions. Exactly the sort of road that will be made into a 80mph limit soon anyway. And they're going to try to tell me I was going too fast and driving dangerously.

So I haven't had a accident since I was a teenage - over 25 years ago, and the reckon my driving is bad. It's a f**king joke, a speed camera van on that piece of road on a Sunday morning, don't tell me it's anything but a revenue earner. I shall be sitting there sulking and playing on my phone for 4 hours.

For me it's old people and young usually women drivers - I drive past a Uni everyday and young women in small noddy cars with their faces pressed to the windscreen doing 40mph on a dual carriageway, usually chatting to their car full of mates or just looking nervous.

Like others have said - shoot anybody who sits in the middle lane.

i got pulled for doing a little more than that on the inside lane of a 3 lane deserted M180 on a sunny, dry, warm Sunday afternoon in my A6 I wan not allowed a speed awareness as I was going too fast. even though I could do the same speed on a 2 lane autoban in Germany. becaus I may come accross an older driver who I may scare !!!

The policaman was almost apolagetic 'But ruless are rules ' and I get in bother unless I issue enough to keen the managent happy. A very nice copper spent 10 minutes talking about his motorbike and how he didnt break the sppeed limit while out with his mates in North Yorks !!yeah I belive you !!.

anyhow time for me to SUMO ( Shut Up amd Move On )

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Ben_Copeland

posted on 9/11/11 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Dodged another pet hate tonight..... people joining the motorway from the hard shoulder at 20-30mph right infront of people!!!!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 10/11/11 at 02:53 AM Reply With Quote
I have in the past seen a car sitting in the middle lane of a deserted motorway in the early hours of the morning and not been able to resist...
Overtake. Move to inside lane. Slow down, allowing the car to overtake. Speed up, pull out, overtake. Repeat twice or until they realise and move to inside lane. Then bugger off on my way

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

mad4x4

posted on 10/11/11 at 06:39 AM Reply With Quote
things i hate.

- People expecting to join Motorway and the motorway to give way... when then join at 30mph
- Lane Hoggers esp when inside lane is clearer but not moving as quick
- People who won't let you out as they are stuck behind a Hogger leading to not wanting to change lanes
- International Speed Limited Truck Racing on Dual Carriage ways. Why do lorries have to compare speed limiter calibrations for 4 miles then decide to pull back in.
- Turcks that pull out into a 10ft gap with 30mSec (milliseconds) notice i.e indicator as the "swerve-change" lanes. To compete in International Speed Limited Truck Racing

However - try driving a old landover up the dualler, its a nightmare as you don't have the speed to over take anything and nobody want to be held up by letting you out..

My Road of shame - A90 scotland Laurencekirk to Aberdeem
International Speed Limited Truck Racing

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

CraigJ

posted on 10/11/11 at 08:55 AM Reply With Quote
I cover thousands of miles a week for my job and i know i'm not the perfect driver, but the worse drivers i see day in day out are wagon drivers. The amount of times i have had to slam on because one has decided that putting his indicator on automatically means he can pull straight over nearly hitting me or other drivers. It boils my piss. And you always get the same excuses from them. "no one lets us out" well do what other people do and wait for a gap big enough you bell end.

The other gripe i have are people who hold you up going steady as they over take then once they move over they speed up?????? why???? Why the f*ck didn't you speed up to over take the go steady again once you have moved back over? And its always tw*ts in big powerful cars that do it.

Macbeast

posted on 10/11/11 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
" try driving a old landover up the dualler, its a nightmare as you don't have the speed to over take anything and nobody want to be held up by letting you out.. "

If you don't have the speed to overtake, why would you want to pull out ?

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

ashg

posted on 10/11/11 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan

Have you been on the M25?

unfortunately 24 miles of it 5 days a week. i have seen everything mentioned above. the only solutions are to keep increasing the petrol price until nobody can afford to use the roads or give everyone guns to keep in the glove box. drivers are very courteous in america as nobody knows who has a gun or not.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

karlak

posted on 10/11/11 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Today, the worst driver ?

The complete idiot in a Lorry who was so close up my chuff I could see the fly's on his number plate, trying to Bully me along. I am in a 50 following traffic at 50, where the heck does he think I can go.

Still, his fleet manager was very interested to hear how he was portraying their company to the members of the Public

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Neville Jones

posted on 10/11/11 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by karlak
Today, the worst driver ?

The complete idiot in a Lorry who was so close up my chuff I could see the fly's on his number plate, trying to Bully me along. I am in a 50 following traffic at 50, where the heck does he think I can go.

Still, his fleet manager was very interested to hear how he was portraying their company to the members of the Public

Did you get the number of the truck?

DVLA/VOSA have a spot on their website where you can report excessively smoking vehicles. That thing was smoking like a coalmine chimney, wasn't it? You can also report bad driving.

The company will have to present the vehicle for testing, at cost of test and lost time. The driver won't be tailgating again.

This is what I've taken to doing with tailgating trucks these days.

Cheers,
Nev.

morcus

posted on 11/11/11 at 01:49 AM Reply With Quote
is there any legal reason to prevent you from having a button that opperates the brake lights without touching the brakes?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Ninehigh

posted on 11/11/11 at 03:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CraigJ
I cover thousands of miles a week for my job and i know i'm not the perfect driver, but the worse drivers i see day in day out are wagon drivers. The amount of times i have had to slam on because one has decided that putting his indicator on automatically means he can pull straight over nearly hitting me or other drivers. It boils my piss. And you always get the same excuses from them. "no one lets us out" well do what other people do and wait for a gap big enough you bell end.

Oddly enough when I was doing HGV lessons it would appear by the actions of car drivers (and my instructor) that when the indicator light flashes on a wagon it means it's changing lanes NOW regardless of whether the driver thinks it's safe or not.

quote:
Originally posted my Morcus
is there any legal reason to prevent you from having a button that opperates the brake lights without touching the brakes?

I imagine there is, however I've had a few cars that allowed me to touch the brake pedal and the lights would come on before there was any braking force

morcus

posted on 11/11/11 at 04:12 AM Reply With Quote
My 205 had a good bit of travel between the light coming on and the brake doing anything.

What if the button was a 'test button' so you could check your bulbs? do you think that could be wrangled?

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

karlak

posted on 11/11/11 at 08:24 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by morcus

Did cross my mind to "brake test" the Tw*t, but then that makes me no better then him. Also, if he was to brake, jackknife and cause a pile up - well, not worth thinking about

I remember when lorry drivers were seen as professional drivers, who were courteous, respected and a credit to their profession. I have to say that everyday I am on the road now, I am having to take some type of avoiding action because of their "bullying" tactics.

MK Indy - 2litre Duratec - Omex 600 - Jenvey throttle bodies - ETB DigiDash2

Agriv8

posted on 11/11/11 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
enough reports about any fleet will mean a visit by the Vosa boys as a memer of the familly is connected with the inteligence gathering and processing.

your report will need date,time, location and registration mark of the vheicle

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.