Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Is it just me?
StevieB

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:04 PM Reply With Quote
I often have ideas about such stuff myself - I understand what makes a company successful and how to run the commercial side of the show. What I lack is the ability to start out witha mig welder and a large garage, so the iverheads are very high from the start by having to employ someone to be able to fabricate the goods in the first place.
DIY Si

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:25 PM Reply With Quote
That looks to be the main problem. You as a commercial mind, couldn't afford to employ an engineering mind/welder until you were able to make a few kits/demo cars to show off. Equally, the engineering mind can't afford to employ a commercail mind until he get's going. And at that point, he needs another welder rather than a bloke who doesn't actually help much (compared to a bloke with a mig).

“Let your plans be dark and as impenetratable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

My new blog: http://spritecave.blogspot.co.uk/

StevieB

posted on 14/9/06 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
Maybe there are several firms who need a commercial spring clean - I could consult.

Then I could make some extra money through industrial espionage too!

gttman

posted on 15/9/06 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'll ask one question, would we all be happy to accept a £300 rise in the price of the kit for better service?
after all any extra cost must go to the customers somehow.

I have to say that I had promised delivery dates missed with my Indy.... but then I had the same when I ordered my Ultima!
But for the money I think its fantastic value (certainly compared to the Ultima)and can forgive them their failings...

In your possition I would phone them and ask for the money back imediatelly until they have the parts ready.

Andygtt

Please redefine your limits

StevieB

posted on 16/9/06 at 01:33 PM Reply With Quote
I've said I'll call early next week and figure it out from there if I don't get ea reasonable timescale or explanation.

The other thing that bothers me is that I've paid £150 for the paddle shift, and there's been some for sale on this forum that are niver looking and a lot cheaper too!

I believe we are already paying a good enough oprice to warrant good service. If I'd paid £5k for a second hand car, I'd have blasted them out of the water by now for this sort of thing!

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.