Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New MNR Bodywork
JoaoCaldeira

posted on 14/11/06 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
First thoughts... bulky and not part of the rest.... way bulky.

Hammerhead's version seems a lot nicer.
Maybe I'd prefer the old one, thought

Joao

G.Man

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:46 AM Reply With Quote
do those cheeks on the nose allow air to come out the back of the nose?

Its growing on me...

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Gergely

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
I like it more an more. The one thing that I like more in the old version is that the lower part of the nose is angled backwards, whereas the new one drops vertically to the ground. That's what reminds people of a tractor. The nose is quite tall.

But I like it. Wonder how it would look in orange...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
its an optical olusion the nose front is actually lower by 2 inches, and the frontal surface area is less, also the nose when veiwed from the side slopes backward, its hard to take a picture to show all the curves etc

best regards

marc

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

yep

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
marc n

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

As the colour space your camera takes piccies at seems slightly out of kilta

probably not the camera more likely the user

colour is the same as yours chris

[Edited on 15/11/06 by marc n]

bitsilly
Contributor

Posts 726
Registered 9/6/05

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Flexibility into my marriage, bless her!

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
IMHO It is important to be recognisable as an MNR so I think any unique measure is a start. You may want to think about registering the design for that reason.
Only suggestion is to make the logo big enough to see in a rear view mirror, though as it probably wouldn't be there for long put it on the back too!
I like it!

G.Man

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

yep

And you cant just change the nose?

Needs a bonnet, scuttle and nose yes?

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

chockymonster

posted on 15/11/06 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Yep

PLEASE NOTE - Responses on Forum Threads may contain Sarcasm and may not be suitable for the hard of Thinking.

Agriv8

posted on 15/11/06 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:

Oi i'll take offence at that least I managed to get a couple of without the dogs

regards

Iain

[Edited on 15/11/06 by Agriv8]

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

Winston Todge

posted on 15/11/06 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
quote:
quote:

Oi i'll take offence at that least I managed to get a couple of without the dogs

regards

Iain

[Edited on 15/11/06 by Agriv8]

Dillinger1977

posted on 15/11/06 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Yep

ahh bugger. had it just been a new nose needed I think i might have been tempted.

smart51

posted on 15/11/06 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
to replace to new nose you need nose scuttle and bonnet
[Edited on 14/11/06 by marc n]

How are the new scuttle and bonnet different?

tks

posted on 16/11/06 at 06:41 AM Reply With Quote
its looks perfect!

i like it, and i like every day mnr a bit more.

Its more modern, and in my opinion its the way to go to get more clients / sells.

the new generation of clients don´t know what a seven is (like me with 21 years)

only thing what i miss is a scoop on the bonnet.

anyway i think its a improvement. it makes the differenc ebetween a 50Keuro donky from NL and a MNR a bit smaller.

Tks

The above comments are always meant to be from the above persons perspective.

Garibaldi

posted on 16/11/06 at 06:51 AM Reply With Quote
New Bodywork

I understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:

--the difficulty with judging any design, particularly one that moves, is that a photograph doesn't have the visual/spatial cues necessary. The VortX is very low, it would be unusual to see it at the angle at which the photo is taken, so it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion.

--it looks to me like one of the design goals was to smooth out the flow under the car, was lift or downforce one of the considerations in the new design?

--the original nose seems to have less frontal area and a "smoother" shape, yet you said that the new shape is better in this regard. Can you explain the differences?

Thanks,
Garibaldi
Maine, USA

Gary Pighetti
Falmouth, Maine USA

marc n

posted on 16/11/06 at 09:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:
--the difficulty with judging any design, particularly one that moves, is that a photograph doesn't have the visual/spatial cues necessary. The VortX is very low, it would be unusual to see it at the angle at which the photo is taken, so it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion.

--it looks to me like one of the design goals was to smooth out the flow under the car, was lift or downforce one of the considerations in the new design?

--the original nose seems to have less frontal area and a "smoother" shape, yet you said that the new shape is better in this regard. Can you explain the differences?

It is very difficult to see the shape fully by picture as its has so many curves

the idea of the new nose was to be a bit more modern and to update the shape a little, the new nose is still available too

the new nose has less frontal area than the old will try to get a pic of the cars side by side to show ( weather permitting ) also is has a lower more curved front top leading edge also has a flat bottom and slopes from top to bottom all this has moved away from the traditional style noses that in some cases woulkd create lift
this combined with the new hardtop underway as we speak should give us a much slippier seven type car ready for our next high powered demo car
and its not bike engined
we do have a bonnet scoop also to help with airflow around the engine

when i made the nose i knew it wouldnt be to everyones taste ( hence keeping the old shape available too ) but when i design / make updates / mods to the car these are usually done from feedback from customers, performance enhancing, or just because they are my cars and i can
I have stopped going to most of the shows as i can honestly say that most of the cars that are exhibited at the moment are still the same as when i first started this project three years ago, which is a real shame. Times are changing and so are customers criteria when they look for a car, and you either take bold moves and go with the times or become stagnant and boring.
Over three years we have changed bodywork shape three times, bodywork manufacturer 4 times, chassis and geometry three times, we now have over 35 cnc machined parts ( set to increase ) all in the quest of development and performance
It helps that my work is my love ( misses would say first love )
its not just a business to me, even being as busy as we are i still get involved with all the fabrication welding etc , on a daily basis
I have been very fortunate in finding a way to make a living doing what i love and also meeting some great people who have become good freinds along the way, and hopefully next year with club events racing etc we should all have some great fun

best regards

marc

marc n

posted on 16/11/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

How are the new scuttle and bonnet different?

they have all been smoothed in to get even better shut lines and a slipier shape

Gergely

posted on 16/11/06 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Marc, how about the hardtop and doors you mentioned in a different post? Do you have any pictures of those already?
marc n

posted on 16/11/06 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Marc, how about the hardtop and doors you mentioned in a different post? Do you have any pictures of those already?

still in development at the moment, lots of work still to do and so little time

Colnago_Man

posted on 16/11/06 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Marc,
Any idea of the cost premium of the new body work over the old?

marc n

posted on 16/11/06 at 10:04 AM Reply With Quote
Marc,
Any idea of the cost premium of the new body work over the old?

same price no increase basically its an either or fitment

Winston Todge

posted on 16/11/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hey Marc,

You still amaze me with your obvious enthusiasm for the industry... It really shows through the way your product is continually in a state of development.

Do you think there'd ever be a point where you will be happy? I know it's probably an impossible question to answer, but just curious...

And lastly! What engine is in the new demonstrator then!? Duratec? VAG? Honda lump? Do tell!

Keep up the good work,

Chris.

clutch_kick

posted on 16/11/06 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
I know this is OFF TOPIC, but since MNR will be racing soon, any chance somebody could record the episodes if they are aired on telly?

I can only get MotorsTV locally and that is french

Gergely

posted on 16/11/06 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Yes, and if someone can record from TV can they also put it on the Net for download maybe? I would be interested too!
Winston Todge

posted on 16/11/06 at 05:42 PM Reply With Quote
I'd be very interested to know if RGB is ever aired!?

Or the other championships you're planning on entering Marc??

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.