Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: New MNR Bodywork
marc n

posted on 2/12/06 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
hi mave did you do all the fibreglass yourself ??? if so great job,

i cheated and let our bodywork company do it on the new bodywork. did our first lot and vowed never do it again as its so messy and time consuming

please email rather than u2u
direct workshop email ( manned 8am till 6pm )
www.mnrltd.co.uk enquireys to :-
chrismnrltd@btinternet.com

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mave

posted on 3/12/06 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hi Marc,

yes, I did it myself. And I fully agree with you; it was a once in a lifetime effort!!

Might I suggest you should also have the GRP company take a look at the rear section? Something like a diffusor to break up the square back-end would be nice.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
marc n

posted on 3/12/06 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Might I suggest you should also have the GRP company take a look at the rear section? Something like a diffusor to break up the square back-end would be nice.

nearly completed
although not allowed it for racing

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
clutch_kick

posted on 3/12/06 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
Diffuser?? ... this keeps getting better.
procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 12:38 PM Reply With Quote
Hi marc with the above reference to Matthew lewis's v8 race car are you/matt intending to race it within the 750mc kits during 2007. Just interested as there may be somthing you are not aware of in the regs.

cheers matt

Agriv8

posted on 4/12/06 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi marc with the above reference to Matthew lewis's v8 race car are you/matt intending to race it within the 750mc kits during 2007. Just interested as there may be somthing you are not aware of in the regs.

cheers matt

anything you could share on the forum ?

Will likley be assisting Mathew in the V8 build ( as he has a good choice in engines )

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hi just need to know if matt has been told by the 750mc that the car has been passed for the 2007 championship. As it stands at the moment it isn't but could be for the 2008 season.

cheers matt

Agriv8

posted on 4/12/06 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
I belive its all sorted for 2007 dont know about 2008

regards

Agriv8

Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

marc n

posted on 4/12/06 at 01:59 PM Reply With Quote
hi matt

yep ok for 2007, after a 90 page dossier we submitted to the 750mc board im glad to say we are all ok

a copy of which is attched

Re: MNR Vortx RT Inboard.

Please accept this letter as confirmation that, in accordance with instructions from the 750MC Board Of Directors, your application for the above car has been considered and approved to be added to the list of eligible vehicles for the 750 Motor Club Kit Car Championship in 4 & 8 cylinder engine configuration.

Kind regards

Robin Knight
750MC Competitions Secretary

cc 750MC Racing & Technical Committee

[Edited on 4/12/06 by marc n]

procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:07 PM Reply With Quote
Hi we have been told that that car is not legible for 2007 as it was not registerd by MNR before april 2006. This came about when we had a current driver from the serise asking if we could build him a v8 car. when we aproched the club to ask if we would be legible for 2007 whith a v8 thier reply was that although we are registerd with a 4cyl we were not registerd whith a v8 before aprill 2006 so would not be legible for 2007.

So when i mentiond matts new car also not being on the final list of approved cars for 2007 we were told that it would not be racing in 2007 but if registerd by MNR whith the club and passed before april 2007 it could race in 2008.

I would assume that matt would know this given his involment whith the club.

cheers matt

(edit) ps appologies for taking the thread of topic.
PPs april should have read 1st july.
[Edited on 4/12/06 by procomp]

[Edited on 4/12/06 by procomp]

procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
Hi there seems to be some c##k up in comunication whithin the 750mc if you have been told you are legible. so please accept my apologie for causing allarm. wWould be interested to know when you applied for inclusion to the approved list as this is a new reg for next year due to people taking the p#ss whith body and chassis combonations.

cheers matt

Agriv8

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Pro comp looks like ( hoefully ) wires have got crossed somewhere Will bring it to the atention of Marc / Chris and Mathew L.

Thanks for leting us know

marc n

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:43 PM Reply With Quote
yep crossed wires i think

procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 02:59 PM Reply With Quote
Hi i dont thinki will trust the 750 to do me a wiring loom then.

cheers matt

Agriv8

posted on 4/12/06 at 03:00 PM Reply With Quote
Marc Probably over tomorow evening will try and remeber that spare memory I have for your office PC. Remnd me to take a look to see if I can speed it up for you.

regards

Agriv8

marc n

posted on 4/12/06 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
cheers iain

see you tomorrow

procomp

posted on 4/12/06 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
Hi confusion now cleared up. People with friends are allowed to play other arent .

matt

marc n

posted on 4/12/06 at 03:41 PM Reply With Quote
hi matt i know there where three other manufacturers applying but they couldnt give drawings / specifications needed within the time frame, i did four days straight ( all nighters ) on autocad etc to put our dossier together in time

best regards

marc

procomp

posted on 5/12/06 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Hi have spoken to R.knight and RTC who say that your cars were turned down for 2007 due to late entry but were over ruled by certain people where as others wern't . As said people with friends. It makes the regs a bit of a joke.

cheers matt

garage19

posted on 8/12/06 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:
--the difficulty with judging any design, particularly one that moves, is that a photograph doesn't have the visual/spatial cues necessary. The VortX is very low, it would be unusual to see it at the angle at which the photo is taken, so it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion.

--it looks to me like one of the design goals was to smooth out the flow under the car, was lift or downforce one of the considerations in the new design?

--the original nose seems to have less frontal area and a "smoother" shape, yet you said that the new shape is better in this regard. Can you explain the differences?

It is very difficult to see the shape fully by picture as its has so many curves

the idea of the new nose was to be a bit more modern and to update the shape a little, the new nose is still available too

the new nose has less frontal area than the old will try to get a pic of the cars side by side to show ( weather permitting ) also is has a lower more curved front top leading edge also has a flat bottom and slopes from top to bottom all this has moved away from the traditional style noses that in some cases woulkd create lift
this combined with the new hardtop underway as we speak should give us a much slippier seven type car ready for our next high powered demo car
and its not bike engined
we do have a bonnet scoop also to help with airflow around the engine

when i made the nose i knew it wouldnt be to everyones taste ( hence keeping the old shape available too ) but when i design / make updates / mods to the car these are usually done from feedback from customers, performance enhancing, or just because they are my cars and i can
I have stopped going to most of the shows as i can honestly say that most of the cars that are exhibited at the moment are still the same as when i first started this project three years ago, which is a real shame. Times are changing and so are customers criteria when they look for a car, and you either take bold moves and go with the times or become stagnant and boring.
Over three years we have changed bodywork shape three times, bodywork manufacturer 4 times, chassis and geometry three times, we now have over 35 cnc machined parts ( set to increase ) all in the quest of development and performance
It helps that my work is my love ( misses would say first love )
its not just a business to me, even being as busy as we are i still get involved with all the fabrication welding etc , on a daily basis
I have been very fortunate in finding a way to make a living doing what i love and also meeting some great people who have become good freinds along the way, and hopefully next year with club events racing etc we should all have some great fun

best regards

marc

You really seem to be moving the seven design on.

I love the look of the new bodywork and and the chassis also seems to be evolving far further than any of the other manufacturers.

PS. can i come and work for you?

<<  2    3    4    5  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.