Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Cam Oil Seal
bbwales

posted on 24/11/08 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Cam Oil Seal

Hi All,

I have an oil leak from where the Distributor goes to the Cam, I have tried Ford but they will only sell me 5 seals at £45, any ideas where I could get a single seal?
The engine is a 2.0 ltr DOHC circa 1992 out of a Sierra.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

nick205

posted on 24/11/08 at 09:34 AM Reply With Quote
A local motor factor will probably sell you a top end gasket set for less then £20 with all the seals and gaskets you need for the engine.

Alternatively try Burton Power who should be able to supply the kit or individual seals you need.

rusty nuts

posted on 24/11/08 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
A local motor factor will probably sell you a top end gasket set for less then £20 with all the seals and gaskets you need for the engine.

Alternatively try Burton Power who should be able to supply the kit or individual seals you need.

Have you tried to buy a top end gasket kit for that engine ? last one I got was well over £100 . Burtons may be your best bet

flak monkey

posted on 24/11/08 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-2-0L-DOHC-8V-HEAD-GASKET-SET-VDT-481-2_W0QQitemZ200226303005QQihZ010QQcategoryZ21654QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153 .l1262

Gaskets for Classics on ebay is always a good bet

David

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

rusty nuts

posted on 24/11/08 at 08:00 PM Reply With Quote
IIRC the timing chain tensioner is a use once item that needs replacing when the head is removed , in fact the chain itself may have to be replaced as well . Doesn't appear to be tensioner or chain in that set. It has been a while since I last worked on one so I could well be wrong?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.