Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Any one read the Feb KitCar issue yet?
gazzarose

posted on 29/1/09 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Any one read the Feb KitCar issue yet?

Just bought the feb issue, read a bit, and noticed that a few of the articles are repeats. Only been reading it for 9 months or so, do they usually repeat articles?

Just seems a bit strange

Gazza

coozer

posted on 29/1/09 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
Thats why I don't buy it, apart from flicking through it in Tesco it's a complete waste of money... IMO.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

fesycresy

posted on 29/1/09 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
Thats why I don't buy it, apart from flicking through it in Tesco it's a complete waste of money... IMO.

Me too, but, I spend longer flicking through Zoo, Nuts, FHM etc, than that mag.

Some of the articles are really old. Can't remember that last time I bought it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sooner you fall behind, the more time you'll have to catch up.

gazzarose

posted on 29/1/09 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
I like some of the reviews, and some of the technical articles are quite good and i like the build diaries that spell everything out which helps someone like me who cant yet afford to buy a kit figure out a budget and things. But if they keep repeating stuff then I don't know if il by it again, just browse in tesco as others do. Are any of the other mags better?I have read a few Total Kitcar issues, but always have to go to smiths to get it cos my local Tescos don't sell it. I know this forums got massivly more info than the mags, I just like having something to read in bed,lol.
scootz

posted on 29/1/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Pretty good (if you like adverts!).
stuart_g

posted on 29/1/09 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
A repeated article.....never.
I gave up buying any of the kit car mags ages ago because of that very reason.

mr henderson

posted on 29/1/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
KCM tend to over-feature Cobras as well.

scootz

posted on 29/1/09 at 10:30 PM Reply With Quote
Yep... there's only so many Cobra articles one can read!
trextr7monkey

posted on 29/1/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
We took out a subscription to Complete Kit Car at Newark and for a couple of months it semed OK , however we also have Classic Ford and the time it takes toread one isue of that is about 5 x CKC.
As they are always asking for feed back I sent am e mail pointing out that I felt that as about half the mag was ads for firms which once you have read you would recognise again , more car ads which stay in unti sold, several pages advertising the mag and then the articles - main one buing a glorified ad for a featured busines!!!!
Not being a negative bloke I also offered some suggestions that would make us happier customers, which theyare thinking about

They also said if I was so hacked off I could have my money back . ...............but they're not getting off that easily!!

Will I regret that move?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

RK

posted on 30/1/09 at 02:38 AM Reply With Quote
As much as I enjoy reading CKC, it takes me about one lunch hour to read the whole thing inside out and backwards.
iank

posted on 30/1/09 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I've bought a couple of CKC's, but not the last two as they didn't have any articles I was interested in.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

mistergrumpy

posted on 30/1/09 at 04:31 PM Reply With Quote
Total Kitcar is a waste of money as said. CKC is a bit different, more personal I feel. It doesn't take me long to read either, usually read the majority of it down at McDonalds with some grub then its just a couple of sessions on the throne and its finished.
And to top it, the customer focus is great. I complained on here once about not getting my issue which I'd subscribed too when they were selling at one of the shows and they took the time to reply on here and similar to earlier, said they would've given it to me for free at the show had I asked. Can't get better than that.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.