New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Snow fun!
macspeedy

posted on 3/2/09 at 07:39 PM Reply With Quote
Snow fun!

coool snow fun
coozer

posted on 3/2/09 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
Don't beleive a word! It was forecast here for a foot of the stuff and misery but its been like a spring day with a bright blue sky and 6 degrees!

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

nib1980

posted on 3/2/09 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
dunno about these softies that can't get to work, i've been in both days, 22miles each way no bother.

mind you i'm scared if i don't go i'm likley to get the redundancey packages thats on its way

sorens2

posted on 3/2/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Chris from MNR just wrote me that he can´t get my chassis and body from the painter as it snows too much.
So now it´s delayed another week or 2.
Damn your weather over there.

Soren S2

[Edited on 3/2/09 by sorens2]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 3/2/09 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Pah!! I've been out in my flip-flops and mankini today. It rained last night and by this morning, all the snow had gone. Glorious sunshine all day!!

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 3/2/09 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Snow Britain: 10 facts about snow

: The average snowflake has a top speed of 1.7 metres per second.

:: They are always hexagonal but the majority are not perfectly symmetrical - uneven temperatures, dirt and other factors usually cause them to be lopsided.

:: Enough snow fell in Britain on February 2 for everyone in the country to make a quarter of a million snowballs each, according to Carol Vorderman.

:: According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the largest snowflake on record measured 38cm wide and 20cm thick. It was observed in Montana, USA in 1887 and described by witnesses as "larger than a milk pan".

:: It is a myth that Eskimos have 100 different words for 'snow'.

:: Chionophobia is a fear of snow.

:: The world's largest snowman was actually a snowwoman. Residents of Bethel, Maine built the 122 ft giant in 2008, giving her 30 ft spruce trees for arms and skis for eyelashes.

:: Around 12 per cent of the Earth's land surface is covered in permanent snow and ice.

:: Japanese scientists have developed a snow-eating robot, fitted with GPS, which shovels snow from the drive and compacts it into ice bricks.

And the fact that no one can argue is that Britain is useless at dealing with it even when we only get a slight dusting of the stuff..........

RK

posted on 3/2/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've got enough piled on my front lawn to cover all of England I think. You're all welcome to come and get it anytime.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.