Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Does anyone know Warwick Atkinson of Rotherham?
russbost

posted on 2/4/09 at 06:59 AM Reply With Quote
Does anyone know Warwick Atkinson of Rotherham?

Bit of a long shot I know, but a guy named Warwick Atkinson living at Rotherham has offered to assemble one of my cars for a customer (the customer has found the chap, not me). Apparently he is ex Caterham for about 11 years & does some work at Silverstone as a race engineer.

I'm just a little concerned as the customer is based near me (I don't have the time to build it for him) so this guys about 200 miles away & I can see a disaster looming & wouldn't like to see my customer ripped off & an unfinished kit languishing somewhere.

If anyone knows of him & can recommend, or say steer well clear would be most grateful.

Cheers Russ

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mr henderson

posted on 2/4/09 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
I don't know anything about the chap in question. I know there are other people who do kit car assembly, some of them might not be so far away.

I suppose a lot will depend on the chap's facilities, how much time he is able to devote to it, his hourly rate, that sort of thing, and how long his waiting list is, of course.

Ideal thing would be a visit, I reckon

John

[Edited on 2/4/09 by mr henderson]

stevebubs

posted on 2/4/09 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
his hourly rate

He's a caterham guy.....

[Edited on 2/4/09 by stevebubs]

russbost

posted on 2/4/09 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
Well this was one thing that worried me he's apparently prepare to work for £13 an hour from a fully equipped workshop!!!
& is suggesting 6 weeks for the build (which sounds fairly realistic for around a 200 hour build time, but would mean he'd be working on it almost full time)

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
tegwin

posted on 2/4/09 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
If he is retired and doing it "for fun"..... that could be reasonable!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

mr henderson

posted on 2/4/09 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Well this was one thing that worried me he's apparently prepare to work for £13 an hour from a fully equipped workshop!!!

I've done good work for less than that. I charge a bit more now, but not a lot. I reason that it's better to have plenty of work at a price that attracts customers than little or none at a price that doesn't.

A garage can charge a lot more because, by and large, their customers don't have a choice, the work has GOT to be done. Kit cars are quite a bit more optional though. That said, garages do have higher expenses and need to be able to turn the work around quickly. Personally I hate working on tintops, and when mine needs anything doing, unless it's something I can do from above, and easily, (like the radiator I changed recently) it goes to the nearby garage.

John

Hellfire

posted on 2/4/09 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
Try asking the same question on the seven forum, or if you're not a member, get someone to post for you. Alternatively, drop me his address in a U2U and I'll go and have a look at his set-up and try to get some information for you. Undercover detective styleee

Phil

russbost

posted on 8/4/09 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Thanx for your efforts guys, customer has decided to go with this chap, so I will let you know if aything good or bad comes of it!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.