Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Air filter for R1 engine
james h

posted on 15/4/09 at 08:53 PM Reply With Quote
Air filter for R1 engine

I am after an air filter for my 2000 carbed R1 engine.

Where is the best place to get one?

Anybody from here who has one perhaps?

Thanks,

James

[Edited on 15/4/09 by james h]

MkII

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
hi james.I thought you were going to mod the original air box ? I've got an ITG filter I dont need but it may be to big, your welcome to try it though.hows the build going?. m.
james h

posted on 15/4/09 at 09:50 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

Yeah that is still the plan, but I don't know if I will even have time to do that - my SVA is next thurs :S

The build is going ok, am in the garage alllll the time, still a few niggly things though which I hope to sort out.

I would come over to try it but the tintop is in for repair after someone knocked it at work Thanks for the offer though.

James

MkII

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
I'll try and call in tomorow night and drop filter off for you if that helps. m.
james h

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah that would be brilliant, thanks!
barbarianbeast

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
i have just this evening put a pipercross on my r1. i had to cut down the airbox to an inch high to clear the throttle bodies. then put the pipercross on top. with the r1 trumpets inside.

i paid 100.03 from the official pipercross shop. you could probaly save 30 quid if you made the baseplate yourself from a sheet of ally.

the filter ends up smack in the middle of the bonnet scoop on my indy. so some nice cool air hopefully.

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/competition_px600.asp

james h

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by barbarianbeast
i have just this evening put a pipercross on my r1. i had to cut down the airbox to an inch high to clear the throttle bodies. then put the pipercross on top. with the r1 trumpets inside.

i paid 100.03 from the official pipercross shop. you could probaly save 30 quid if you made the baseplate yourself from a sheet of ally.

the filter ends up smack in the middle of the bonnet scoop on my indy. so some nice cool air hopefully.

http://www.thepipercrossshop.co.uk/competition_px600.asp

Sounds like a good idea, I might try that. I don't have any trumpets, would it still be possible to use that filter?

Thanks

James

barbarianbeast

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
yes the filter will still go on, but i think your are better off using the plastic trumpets that are inside the r1 airbox. it gives more torque i think.

im talking about a 2008 r1 here with the recessed throttle bodies. so you have to muck about cutting down the airbox to clear the servo motor.

i think (???) you can just mount a filter straight to to the throttle bodies on the earlier ones. so it could be a straightforward 10 min job to mount it and get your car sva ready.

im in same situation myself, with sva on 28th

A1

posted on 15/4/09 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
k&n cones are pretty sexy

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.