Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lgv job tips needed
macspeedy

posted on 24/4/09 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Lgv job tips needed

I am looking at getting my lgv "class c" licence, to increase my likelyhood of getting a new job. Does anyone have any tips ?

Thanks
Graham

davie h

posted on 24/4/09 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
Graham

i did a weeks course a about 5 years ago for work as i serviced and mot'd preped class c trucks. one my first assesment drive i was told i drove to fast and when i slowed down it was actually quite easy. dont know if the test has changed but from what i can remember i had to do a emergency stop, a gear exercise going from 1st to last gear and down again without using the brakes, a down hill start, reversing test that was reversing between cones and finishing in a coned of bay and you have to stop a certain disatnce within the bay(during the lessons your shown the distance and the when you sit in the cab look out the mirror and you pick a spot where the mud guard meets the cone and it lets you know when to stop if this makes sense). there was also about an hour or so of driving which included the motorway for a short while. if you have driven any sort of large van you will pass it no bother.

ps my wife works for a recruitment agency in Glasgow and she thinks the pay about £8-£9 per hour for class c drivers although she can check if you want as they also have a office in Edinburgh

Davie

http://www.flickr.com/photos/24179682@N04/?saved=1

macspeedy

posted on 24/4/09 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks Davie thats was very useful

G

big_wasa

posted on 24/4/09 at 08:49 PM Reply With Quote
I took mine 3 years ago along with my adr.

Now I can drive around with 20 000 L of petrol but cant tow a trailer over 750kg, go figure.

Its not a bad job at all. I am pleased I did it.

Danozeman

posted on 24/4/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
I want to do mine aswell.

Its not cheap. I know when i did my 7.5 tonne a few years ago my company paid 1800 quid for a weeks course.

As said if you have driven big long wheel base vans then its easy. Just remember to take corners wider.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.