Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New builder checking in !
Breaker

posted on 8/5/09 at 07:36 PM Reply With Quote
New builder checking in !

Hello all,

After reading this forum for months; a friend of mine and I decided to build our very own kitcar.

We doubted a lot between CEC and BEC (damn you Mr Hellfire ! ). But as we will be using the car for 95 % road use, I think we will go for the CEC.

This is what we have in mind: MK Indy body kit with recent Duratec engine (easier to tune) and an IRS (preferably with LSD) at the back.

Actually we have thousands of questions to ask but I think I will start with this first one:
Last year I followed a 1 year TIG welding course and also bought an AC/DC Tig welder. It would very much like to weld the chassis by myself, but as a non UK-citizen (I'am from Belgium) will it be possible to get a chassisnumber if I do the welding myself ?
Or am I forced to purchase a chassis from MK if I want to put the car on the road in Belgium ?

Remarks or comments: please shoot !

jacko

posted on 8/5/09 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the mad house
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
spdpug98

posted on 8/5/09 at 07:43 PM Reply With Quote
I can't answer your question, but Welcome to the forum.....it has been a massive help during my recent build

My Blog: http://spdpug98.wordpress.com/

belgian2b

posted on 8/5/09 at 07:48 PM Reply With Quote
Hello Belgium.

I a also from Belgium.

It makes no difference if you build your own chassis or buy it regarding to the registration of the car.

Before being able to register the car in Belgium , you will have lots of things to do :

1. Build the car
2. Obtain an homologation for the car ( IVA in UK or equivalent in Germany if you have a euro 4 engine) To do this you will need somebody in UK or Germany.
3. register the car in Uk or germany.
4. Officialy import the car to belgium ( you have to go to belgian customs)
5. obtain a belgian homologation
6. register the car in Belgium.

It is not impossible to do , but you have to know that it may take some time to do the administration part of this list.

Gerardo

whitestu

posted on 8/5/09 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome! Like belgian2b said, If it will be IVA'd in the UK it won't make any difference if you buy a chassis or make your own. [unless this has changed with the shift from SVA to IVA].

MK chassis don't come with a chassis number.

Stu

theconrodkid

posted on 9/5/09 at 06:37 AM Reply With Quote
or buy one already registered and import that,after you have the plates shirley you could "modify" it to suit yourself....and we thought we had it hard?

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

LBMEFM

posted on 9/5/09 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
A warm welcome to this site, are you ready with: Lots more money than you have budgeted for - Strained relationships - Worry & poor health - Much more build time than you anticipated, if it's yes to these questions then you are ready. Good luck, particulary with all paperwork you have there. Barry

[Edited on 9/5/09 by LBMEFM]

thunderace

posted on 9/5/09 at 08:27 AM Reply With Quote
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
if the guys on here dont know no one will ever know ,we even know who the stig is
some people think hes a member of this forum ,be we know and we are not telling.

Breaker

posted on 9/5/09 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by belgian2b
2. Obtain an homologation for the car ( IVA in UK or equivalent in Germany if you have a euro 4 engine) To do this you will need somebody in UK or Germany...

I always thought the only option was to SVA/IVA the car in UK, but you are saying this is also possible in Germany? I'm looking for a recent Duratec engine which is Euro4; so homologation is possible in Germany ?

belgian2b

posted on 9/5/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Hello,

there is some kind of equivalent to SVA/IVA in Germany.

You can contact the Westfield dealer in Germany.
He can give you all required information

GERMAN DEALER
Belecon GmbH
Ronheider Berg 245
D-52076 Aachen
Telefon: +49 241 70 19 29 99
Fax: +49 721 151 348 630
Internet: www.westfield-sportscars.de
Email: bettag@belecon.de

The guy is very helpfull.

Gerardo

Hellfire

posted on 9/5/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to have put doubt in your mind regarding CEC or BEC but are you really sure you've made the right decision?

Phil

Breaker

posted on 10/5/09 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Sorry to have put doubt in your mind regarding CEC or BEC but are you really sure you've made the right decision?

Oh no ! The voices in my head are back !
Run awaaaaaay !!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.