Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: USB memory sticks as a marketing freebie
DarrenW

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
USB memory sticks as a marketing freebie

Im looking to do some work with a new company that has just developed some logistics and warehousing management software. Had a meeting last week where i was trying to get a feel for what marketing they had already been involved in. One of the directors menioned they were thinking about getting some USB memory sticks made with their logo on and a software demo pre-loaded that they could then send out to prospective new clients (or attach to magazines and trade newsletters) to drum up new business.

Has anyone ever done this before and can recommend a good supplier of such things at a sensible price? I dont know what volume they are considering yet but ideas of potential suppliers will get the ball rolling so we can look at the costs.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Darren.

smart51

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:26 AM Reply With Quote
Can't help you with a supplier but the memory stick is my all time best freebe from a supplier. Far better than your usual junk. Its a nice gift with a practical use and more likely to be used (and you name displayed) than a mug or desk toy.
Steve Hignett

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
You can get really cool ones that just go onto your car/house key rings...

You have U2U Darren.

tegwin

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
If you find it too expensive... have you looked at credit card sized/shaped CDs? They are pretty cheap and (I think) 80mb ......

Although a USB stick would deffinately be used!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

skibum

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Hi there

I got pretty much the same thing done at my last company USB drive with company logo and e brochure pre loaded.

I used a compnay called Socio Design to do the whole thing for me. If you speak to James on 0207 613 3538 he should be able to help you

Cheers

Matt

twybrow

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:50 AM Reply With Quote
They are quite expensive for what they are. I think we pay around £11/item for a 512mb stick with logo. Very useful though (as long as your work don't have silly rules about they type os USB sticks that can be used!).
David Jenkins

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
If I received one as a freebie I would be REALLY anxious about viruses and trojans until I'd scanned it fully.

As said above - many customers' sites don't allow USB stick to be plugged into anything on their network for just that reason.

DarrenW

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
I understand the concerns, but the benefits hopefully outweigh the negatives. Its always nicer to recieve something you can use rather than something that clutters your desk. Being a software company a computery device seems to fit - however the costs may be prohibitive for large scale freebie distribution.

What else have you recieved before that sticks in your memory as being a good freebie? I have a plastic holder full of note paper that ive found most useful and has the companies details on the outside.

dickie b

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
I have just bought some for my company - paid £5.22 a pop for x200 128mb usb 'flip' cards. they were supplied blank without content

Look great printed both sides and have gone down very well with the clients we have given them to.

expresspendrives.co.uk

ta
Richard

fov

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
I got some done for my business a while ago.
£5 for 1GB and £6.10 for 2GB (for a run of 50).
Loads of designs to choose from, 4 colour print, gift box included.

They can load software/PDFs etc too or do other products like USB mug warmers or the creditcard USBs.

bespokeusb.co.uk

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
locostbuilders never fail to solve a problem

we also came up with the usb pole dancer

some other ideas there to for you Darren
seehttp://oddee.com/item_96561.aspx

[Edited on 11-5-09 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 11-5-09 by mangogrooveworkshop]

iank

posted on 11/5/09 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
Loads of companies doing it these days.
type "usb memory promotion" into google and you'll get a shed load of options.

First one in the uk I clicked here:
http://www.bespokeusb.co.uk/products.php

If you're just putting on a few catalogues/promotional pdfs/ppts/web pages you won't need more the 256M which are seriously cheap these days.

[Edited on 11/5/09 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Dangle_kt

posted on 11/5/09 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
its not fancy, but GOOD QUALITY diaries are good just before the end of the year. Loads of suppliers stop doing them or send really crappy ones. postits are always useful.

not hi tech i know. but a cheaper option (well not the diaries..(

dhutch

posted on 11/5/09 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fov
I got some done for my business a while ago.
£5 for 1GB and £6.10 for 2GB (for a run of 50).
Loads of designs to choose from, 4 colour print, gift box included.

They can load software/PDFs etc too or do other products like USB mug warmers or the creditcard USBs.

bespokeusb.co.uk

Sounds about the right price.
- Also, fwiw, if i get a freebie usb stick it goes in the bin unless its over 512mb, and most of the ones i use more than a few times are the neater/small looking 1gb ones. (never had a 2gb one free)

By recent personal one cost be £15 of eba for a 5gig'er.

Daniel

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.