Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: midlands manufacturers
mrwibble

posted on 18/5/09 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
midlands manufacturers

hi guys, still umming and arring about what my 1st project will be.

i'm kidderminster based. i know tornado are there, but tbh their open top looks a bit dated. I am planning a visit to vindicator in halesowen, are their any other names i should check out within reasonable driving distance?

tegwin

posted on 18/5/09 at 12:36 PM Reply With Quote
RAW are located in hereford... but IMHO... you are spending quite alot of money on a kit.... dont base it on geographical location!!!

Go to one of the kit car shows (if you have not done so already), decide which kits you like, and then buy from them.......

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

ReMan

posted on 18/5/09 at 12:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ultima in Hinckley, Leics?
mrwibble

posted on 18/5/09 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
thanks for reply, raw striker/fulcrum look great.
I had a good look round stoneleigh, and had come away with mk, meggt mojo and fisher as my favourites. But Obviously if they are closer to home, that makes life easier, to arrange test drives, factory visits etc.

sadly an ultima gtr will have to wait untill i've got buyers for both my kidneys and both of yours too...

iank

posted on 18/5/09 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
Closest (I think) is Procomp in Birmingham at about a 45min drive
http://www.procomp.co.uk/

Aries are in Ilkeston, Derbyshire (about 1.5 hours from you)
http://www.ariesmotorsport.co.uk/

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Vindi_andy

posted on 18/5/09 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
As suggested get yourself to a kitcar show. Newark show is 20th 21st June I will be there Vindicator wont but there will be several vindicators if you are interested. There will be at least 1 sprint Family (mine) and 1 Sprint (tims)

When choosing a car, geographic location should be the last thing to be considered.

If I had an open book my first choice would be a murtaya and they are in Cornwall.

Write down your criteria in a brain storming session then prioritise them then start looking. Just My 2 pen'orth

tilly819

posted on 18/5/09 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
the robin hood zero is a very good kit, i was up there the other day to get a few parts for my haynes and they are really healpfull and very cheep for parts in comparison to alot of companys
tilly

PS they are located up the A1 at ollerton between newark and doncaster
i think there web site is something like

www.kitpartsdirect.co.uk

you should easly find it with a google

[Edited on 18/5/09 by tilly819]

F20C Haynes roadster 440 BHP/Tonne www.youtube.com/handmadeextreme

tegwin

posted on 18/5/09 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

the robin hood zero is a very good kit

Compared to what?? a hole in the head? :p

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

iank

posted on 18/5/09 at 01:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
quote:

the robin hood zero is a very good kit

Compared to what?? a hole in the head? :p

No idea about the Zero, but previous Robin Hood/GBS cars and parts have put KW in Kwality.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

stuart_g

posted on 18/5/09 at 02:08 PM Reply With Quote
Westfield? there not too far are they.

As already said be carefull of GBS, the cost may look appealing but by the time you're finished modifying everything to fit you may as well have bought something that will actually go together, believe me I've been there and got the T-shirt.

Still don't think you'll beat MNR for quality and cost though.

richardh

posted on 18/5/09 at 03:35 PM Reply With Quote
Tiger avon thingy?

MNR

MAC

MK

Luego

Stay clear of Robin Hood - been there and got the tee shirt too
the videos were bad enough.

make a bracket, bend a bracket, hammer this, cut that

no way

Time for a change!

DarrenW

posted on 20/5/09 at 11:09 AM Reply With Quote
Mac#1 and MK are quite close to each other and easily visitable within a day. You could also probs fit a visit into MNR in the same trip. All are worth the time to see the workshops and talk to them. If you can do them on a saturday there are usually some owners milling about too - although you may be limited for time on a Saturday.

The shows are great for seeing several manufacturers in one place. Newark show is coming up fast. Once you have an idea of what you fancy id strongly suggest a factory visit to fine tune your thoughts.

Be prepared to have your head battered with options and ideas hough. It can be quite daunting at first as they all have their own USP's and ideas, even if you have a strong direction you want to go for. Its not easy to get an accurate idea of overall build cost and to compare like for like as, apart from overall looks, they all offer a differing product and service. on a cost basis most manufacturers are much the same (ref final build costs), for me i went with the company i felt could offer the service and support that i thought i needed at the time.

mr henderson

posted on 20/5/09 at 12:28 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tilly819
the robin hood zero is a very good kit, i

Avoid Robin Hood unless you are a skill metal worker AND have plenty of spare time in which to practise your craft.

John

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.