Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: UPVC Windows
richardson975

posted on 8/9/09 at 09:59 AM Reply With Quote
UPVC Windows

Hi,

I am in the process of replacing some windows in the home with UPVC. I understand there are different template or systems such as profile22, synseal, veka etc. Does anyone know the best one for quality (and price of course) as it seems a bit daunting. What is the difference in them anyway, is it the thickness?? Im clued up on the Fensa approval etc but just the type of windows.

Any help would be much appreciated

Regards

Jonathan

adithorp

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Have you looked at any of the other posts on this forum? Can you see anything they have in common?

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

smart51

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
It all seems very logical. We're builders who are not expensive. Isn't that what the name suggests?

MikeCapon

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
Locost Builders ain't this kind of builder

[img][/img]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
nib1980

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
i still bet that some one on this forum will know the answer!
dinosaurjuice

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
it would be great if you joined this forum hoping to replace some windows and ended up building a car

Mr Whippy

posted on 8/9/09 at 10:43 AM Reply With Quote
most windows I've ever fitted are simply held to the wall with 4 large rawplug like screws (two either side), then the gap filled with mastic. You put a sheet of damp proofing under the window so the rain falls onto the windowsill and not back down the wall. Really its a dead easy job to do and did my current kit house's windows in less than a day. The garages 4 windows took about 2 hrs if that

[Edited on 8/9/09 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big-vee-twin

posted on 8/9/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
You should go for windows that are manufactured from 6mm thick glass for both panes with a 12mm air gap filled with inert argon gas.

This will give you a very good energy efficient window with a U value of around 1.8.

Don't worry too much about the extrusion type, as stated previously you screw through the frame into the wall and then insert the glass - buy the way I am not a double glazing salesman.

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.