Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: garage storage
dan__wright

posted on 15/9/09 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
garage storage

what me your storage, looking for ideas. was looking at putting kitchen units against the end wall but cant find anything cheap at the mo.

Thanks.

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

jabbahutt

posted on 15/9/09 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
If you have an up and over door, I put a couple of beams over the door across the width of the garage and secured to the walls using brackets. Covered in attic boards. It holds loads of bulky but not too heavy stuff, ideal for items you don't use that often and only cost me about £10 to do.

irvined

posted on 15/9/09 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
I built a small mezzanine in the garage, its great. Its relatively temporary, as once I get a car lift in there, I will make a stronger one at the right height and length, so that I can if needed store another car up there.

I must say its come in fantastically handy for storing crap I dont use every day, spare wheels, cranes, boxes etc.

When I make it bigger/stronger I'll put a desk and pc up there too. Rescued attachment 3336127778_213d8685aa.jpg
Rescued attachment 3336127778_213d8685aa.jpg

http://irvined.blogspot.com

nick205

posted on 15/9/09 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Old kitchen units and work top down half of one side

Home made work bench, 4 drawer metal filing cabinet and tall metal cupboard along the remainder of that side.

Several large shelves on the end wall.

Overhead beams for long items - pipe etc.

Lots of nails in the walls for hanging stuff.

I'm planning on removing the suspended ceiling at some point and adding a mezzanine arrangement as above for more storage and possibly a small sofa

[Edited on 15/9/09 by nick205]

StevieB

posted on 15/9/09 at 06:26 PM Reply With Quote
I had a bunch of kitchen units and worktop from a house development I did, so I just put that across the end of my garage.

Not the best storage as the shelves aren't heavy duty enough - lasted 3 years or so but now that I've finished my build I want to put some effort into getting it sorted out properly.

JoelP

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:02 PM Reply With Quote
i did units across one end and a peninsular off it as a build table. Took up a bit much room so ive had the end off it now!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

Nash

posted on 15/9/09 at 09:21 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvined
I built a small mezzanine in the garage, its great. Its relatively temporary, as once I get a car lift in there, I will make a stronger one at the right height and length, so that I can if needed store another car up there.

I must say its come in fantastically handy for storing crap I dont use every day, spare wheels, cranes, boxes etc.

When I make it bigger/stronger I'll put a desk and pc up there too.

'kin 'ell fella is your garage a ship container? its taller then it is wide and long!

......Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

MautoK

posted on 16/9/09 at 10:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright
what me your storage, looking for ideas. was looking at putting kitchen units against the end wall but cant find anything cheap at the mo.

Thanks.

Try your local FreeCycle?

He's whittling on a piece of wood. I got a feeling that when he stops whittling, something's gonna happen. (OUATITW/Cheyenne)

MikeR

posted on 16/9/09 at 11:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by irvined

When I make it bigger/stronger I'll put a desk and pc up there too.

I've done something similar - but the extra 'floor' is called the g/f garage. Means i've got plenty of space + somewhere safe to store hte infrequently used stuff. As she only lives 5 minutes away its quite handy.

dan__wright

posted on 17/9/09 at 07:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MautoK
quote:
Originally posted by dan__wright

Thanks.

Try your local FreeCycle?

trying that at the mo

FREE THE ROADSTER ONE…!!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.