Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Anyone IVA/SVA'd at Yeading recently??
Findlay234

posted on 7/11/09 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone IVA/SVA'd at Yeading recently??

Probably will have a few Q's in the next day or two for those who've IVA'd at Yeading recently. Anyone???

Questions like: tapping a screw into the mushroom insert. did you do this? did they require it?

Ive called 4 times last week and everytime the tester was either out or in a test at the time... the receptionist wouldnt get him to call me back.

Cheers.
Fin

barbarianbeast

posted on 7/11/09 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
i recently passed a sva at yeading, malcolm is a top bloke, hes fair and really tries to help you get the car on the road. as long as he can tick his boxes and your car wont kill anyone hes happy.
my front suspension on the indy passed with just spit convoluted tubing and cable ties over the steering arms and drag links. and of course nut covers.
he also picked up on smaller things like the seatbelt brackets that needed covers and the headlight brackets.
in fact my car is still in its full sva trim while i wait for the dvla to look at it. i can upload some pics if you like?

barbarianbeast

posted on 7/11/09 at 05:32 PM Reply With Quote
ive just had a flick through your pics.
he also failed me first time on panel edges, so i would reccomend edge trim round the exhaust and intake holes. i also failed on my exhaust brackets and he asked to cover the downpipes with heat tape, the can is fine though. i cant make out anything else from your pics. whens your test? GOOD LUCK!!

Findlay234

posted on 8/11/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
yeah some photos would be great if you could do that! Ill be getting some photos on in the next day or two for you guys to pick out all my deliberate mistakes....

I have trimmed the hole for the intake but im still yet to find a way to cover the intake itself. Theres a lot of sharp areas around the throttle body and the plenum chamber. Im not sure im holding out a huge hope of passing first time!!

cheers
Fin

Findlay234

posted on 9/11/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Just another one for you... did you have to put locking bolts into your front upper wishbone mushrooms??

Cheers

barbarianbeast

posted on 9/11/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
only just looked at this. im charging up my camera now, should be able to up some pics tonight.
as for mushroom inserts, just a bolt through the hub to clamp down as per the sierra setup.
whens your iva? it was such a rush for me for sva to avoid reverse, noise and cost. i had no dashboard on my car till the day before the test.
you look well on your way for a pass. malcolm is a good guy. my first test the car was half unfinished, i was bricking it and i came away laughing. (but with a 2 page fail sheet)

barbarianbeast

posted on 9/11/09 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
some blurry photos now in my archive, i have only changed the steering wheel since sva.
Findlay234

posted on 10/11/09 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Well ive spent the last couple of days doing all the little SVA bits and pieces. Still got a few nut covers, trim and rubber to put on... Also a bit of self amalg tape over some sections but its looking good so far. A couple of hours tonight and it should be done. As i say im not expecting a pass just a list of things to do (an expensive list) ive spent the last 3 weeks working hard on it and mainly been re-doing old mistakes and bodges from my younger days. I definately have a firm belief now of 'do it well, do it once'... guess thats the same as the old adage... buy cheap, buy twice. While I was at uni and before i started working I lacked the funds for proper tools and materials but now ive made up for it!!

Cheers

Findlay234

posted on 10/11/09 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
By the way, thanks for the photos. youve got a good looking car there!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.