Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Big up to Omega0684
mads

posted on 8/11/09 at 06:07 PM Reply With Quote
Big up to Omega0684

MASSIVE thank you to Omega0684 for coming over to mine for the whole day yesterday and helping me FINALLY get started on the Indy! Great sense of achievement at how much we got done, even with me throwing a spanner in his plan when I said I wanted to paint the floor with anti-slip paint. :p

It's these types of kind gestures which makes this place (and community) special!!

MikeR - you better get a move, I may now actually get further than you with the build!

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

MikeR

posted on 8/11/09 at 06:36 PM Reply With Quote
ahem ........

i've never had ANY help on my build!

:p

(although that probably explains everything!)

prawnabie

posted on 8/11/09 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
Mike are you building anything? I thought you were running the largest old ford spares centre in the country???
MikeR

posted on 8/11/09 at 08:30 PM Reply With Quote
:-) some people may think that i run an old ford spare parts storage / holding centre over two sites. This is, err, a, err, side effect of my err, ok, i'm a hoarder who's pretending to build a car to collect more bits (got 4 more wheels on way to mates tonight and was eyeing up kitchen work top in a skip) :-)
omega0684

posted on 8/11/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
you big me up like that and then don't post the photo of my handy work! disgraceful!

and i think the 2 hour to dry none slip paint which actually took more like 7 hours (and even then it was still tacky) looked class! although it did through a huge spanner in the works! All in a days work though

[Edited on 8/11/09 by omega0684]

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 8/11/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
i know, was going to do photos but been side-tracked with other stuff. will definitely put up some tomorrow night when i get back from the meet.

as for the non-slip paint... you should see it today, it looks awesome.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.