Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: road runner racing 7
Sir Alan

posted on 19/11/09 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
road runner racing 7

sorry for deleting the post but im am new to this posting thing . so after trying to correct spelling mistakes i deleted the whole thread SORRY So ill start again .after owning a caterham r500 sorry for takeing p***s way to seven motoring lads ive been thinking of building my own BEC car aftersearching for acouple of years now shows etc . i short listed a few kits MK .MAC 1 MNR ETC .ive now decided to splash the cash,so icalled at MK 2day 2 find they have moved .but icame accross road runner and was totally blown away ,After speaking to the owner kev for 2 hours i have decided this is the 7 for me ,The chassis is all round tube and laser cut its designer is MAD DAVE who posts on here
Sir Alan

posted on 19/11/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
the gig is also made of lazer cut material a total work of art .But the bodywork is the best ive seen .so going back sat morn 2 order i will take some pics if allowed
jacko

posted on 19/11/09 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Wellcome to the madhouse
Yes road runner is a very good car the original car was made by Martin Keenan
thats right MK who also made the MK Indy
Jacko

[Edited on 19/11/09 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
mads

posted on 19/11/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
looking forward to seeing some pics...

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

Sir Alan

posted on 19/11/09 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
sorry jacko i thort dave designed the indy r must have mist heard kev when drooling over his car
jacko

posted on 19/11/09 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Thats right Dave did the as you call it the indy R i dont think thats its real name
Im talking about the real INDY mk1
the one with out side springs like mine

Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Sir Alan

posted on 19/11/09 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
dave must be a very clever guy i understand he is a cad engineer the chassis is a real work of art rose jointed wishbones totally adjustable and just over 50kg for the chassis
jacko

posted on 19/11/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yes he is a good bloke to know
and as mad as a HATTER on his bike
If you read this Dave only joking

austin man

posted on 19/11/09 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
is this the single seater we're talking about ?? as it isn't really a seven, Martin Keenan has recently produced a 2 seater Midi R1 rear engined you might want to look at his site mkengineering.co.uk. He has spent a lot of time on the geometry and aesthetics wellworth a look and a chat with him before jumping in there is also the MK lads who now manafacture out of a workshop in Maltby, on Aven industrial estate. The Indy R is a Mad Dave Design. and apparently the handling is awesome.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Sir Alan

posted on 19/11/09 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
asi understand kev and martin parted over a year ago this car is a seven doner is a mazda mx5 and is not being released till jan 2010 . this LSIS is going to open afew peoples eyes its not a makeover its been fully designed over the last 18 months. the demo car will be ready in 2/3 weeks
jacko

posted on 19/11/09 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry for all the confusion on my part i thought you ment the s/ seater
Jacko
ps any photos of the new car

austin man

posted on 20/11/09 at 12:25 AM Reply With Quote
I think the one your refering to has has design input from mad Dave not 100% sure though

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.