Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Mach#1
garage19

posted on 26/4/04 at 03:19 PM Reply With Quote
Mach#1

Had some dealings with these guys the other day. They were very helpful and very proffesional.

I might of even ordered one of their starter kits if i was at the looking stage again!

Their man, Mark gave me some great setup advice for the Indy and some engine mount info i was after, all happily for free.

They are nowt to do with me, I was just genuinley impressed!

Has anyone bought one of their kits yet? I know its a bit of a rip off of an Indy but the quality looks very good.

Doug

j30fos

posted on 26/4/04 at 03:29 PM Reply With Quote
I haven't brought a kit either but I did buy a tinted screen and steering wheel last week. The screen came damaged ( probably in transit ) I phoned them thinking I might have a battle on my hands but the guy ( didn't get his name )just said no problem send it back and we will exchange :-) I said I was coming down to stonleigh, he said he wasn't going as he had plenty of work on. He did say fit the screen though and he will give a new screen to a guy who is going. He was very very helpfull and will use them again
mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 26/4/04 at 04:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ive found mach1 to be great all the brake bits were ordered and Colin advised me on some of the bits I required.
First class return on emails and telephone calls.

What more could you want

Jasper

posted on 27/4/04 at 09:24 AM Reply With Quote
Can only say good things about them (though I can't comment on their kit). I've bought loads of bits off them, including my ZX9 engine. Mark is a really helpful chap and will always spend time on the phone with you trying to sort a problem. I would certainly recommend them as well.
greggors84

posted on 27/4/04 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Anyone got a link for their site, i can never seem to find it.

Thanks

Chris

The Magnificent 7!

JoelP

posted on 27/4/04 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
http://www.mac1motorsports.co.uk/index.html

craig1410

posted on 27/4/04 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Same here, I have bought a few bits and bobs and spent time getting advice on the phone. Nice not to be rushed off the phone too. They even phoned me to give me a "courtesy call" (has anyone else heard of one of those???) to let me know that my seatbelts would be delayed by one day and thus wouldn't arrive as promised. However, they got them sooner than expected and they did in fact arrive in time. As I always tell suppliers, it's better to be "late as expected" than "later than expected"...

On that subject, they are still doing the 4-point Sabelt Clubman with pushbutton release and bolted fixings (SVA friendly) for £80 per pair inc vat. They also do various SVA bits such as p-clips and nut covers and brake bits etc. Very good prices throughout.

Cheers,
Craig.

Mike McKinstry

posted on 27/4/04 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
Mac 1

I too found Mark and Colin helpful to the point of making me feel guilty I bought an MK-even had a tour around w/shop!!Very customer focused!Mike.
Northy

posted on 27/4/04 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
Craig,

Could you take a picture of the harnesses?

Cheers

Graham

Website under construction. Help greatfully received as I don't really know what I'm doing!

"If a man says something in the woods and there are no women there, is he still wrong?"

Built 2L 8 Valve Vx Powered Avon

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
craig1410

posted on 27/4/04 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Northy,
One of the guy's on the forum has them in his photo archive. I'll see if I can find them as I've not fitted mine yet.
Cheers,
Craig.

Here they are courtesy of "bob":

seats in harness on
seats in harness on

[Edited on 27/4/2004 by craig1410]

chipie

posted on 28/4/04 at 11:56 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't buy a kit directly from them. I have been looking for the right kit car for over a year and came across this one. Its one of the original MK Indy's they built with a few modifications before they developed their kit. I am very impressed.

Best customer service I've ever seen from an "automobile" company. I've had so much advice from them in the past 2 weeks its unbelievable. Sometimes I'll call them and they won't answer. They haven't got caller ID but I've had Colin do 1471 and call me back asking who I am and if he can help, who else would do that. Considering they are so busy they do spend a lot of time helping on the phone.

Back to the car, never seen such tidy work in a kit car. Its immaculate. Its so good, as soon as I saw it I didn't even look or hear the engine start before I parted with my cash.

2 weeks ago I didn't know a thing about engines, all I knew was the original spec that the customer asked for (standard Pinto) wasn't going to be fast enough. In 2 weeks with telephone calls to Mac1 for advice, I have for swapped the engine.

And here is the icing on the cake. I decided to drive Mavis (the car) up to Mac 1 some 3 weeks ago to have a look at the operation they have there. From Coventry to Sheffield it was chucking it down, I got soaked. Pulled up to Mac1 and realised the filter, usually sticking out the top of the bonnet had fallen through and was now 6" lower. Off came the bonnet and we realised the standard MK Indy engine mount had snapped. Well I was in the right place for that to happen.

Thought I was going to have to get the bus home. BUT.....this wasn't what I was expecting, all 3 of them stopped what they were doing to help with my car. On went a new engine mount, plus many other niggly bits were sorted and lots of advice later I'm back on the road. Can't thank the guys or praise them enough.

In fact I'm going to phone them now.

See you guys on Monday at Stoneleigh, come and say hello.

http://www.chipie.net/mavis

P.S. I've got those harnesses, brilliant at holding me in place.

[Edited on 28/4/04 by chipie]

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.