Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wishbones
micklax

posted on 8/4/10 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Wishbones

Hi
I am looking for some help on wishbones for a Locost Race car. I need to know whether they must fit the spec as outlined in the book, or whether the design is essentially 'free', as long as they fit the Cortina hubs and comply with the measurements as shown in the regulations.
I have acquired a set that fit the hubs and will fit the chassis (with some slight amendments to the pick up points).
Can anyone shed any light please?
Thanks
Mick

blackie

posted on 8/4/10 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mick, you need to read the Locost Racing Regs;

Linky

As they describe the front suspension "limits of acceptability". The limits in the regs were added after all the drivers at the time submitted the dimensions for their cars. So if you're making / buying wishbones per the book, you should be within the regs - it's just to prevent people taking the p&^s

ATB

DB

micklax

posted on 21/4/10 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
Wishbones - Pictures

Hi
Can anyone shed any light on these wishbones (Please have a look at the pics at http://mickslocostbuild.blogspot.com). They match the measurements from the book, and will accept the Transit track rod end. My issue is with the size of the other end, which should have bushes fitted.
The tube at this point measures about 10mm (inside dia).
Can anyone help with any way in which they could be used, or any bushes which might fit?

TimC

posted on 6/6/10 at 07:46 AM Reply With Quote
That is mighty odd...

Can't really think of an acceptable solution that doesn't involve replacing the tubes.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.