Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Why Are GBSC Zero Kits..................
mid-buggy

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
Why Are GBSC Zero Kits..................

Not really talked about on here?

I understand when you add the bits up the come out about same as mk etc, but hardly any mention of them.

Andi

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
there has been a lot of animosity towards Robin Hood.
Seems they have had a bad rep in the past with all sorts of horror stories.
The Zero, however seems to be a much better kit and may pull their name out of the dark.

mid-buggy

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
Ahhh

Not looking at buying one, just seen the various adds in the mags for them.

steve8274

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
i have recently purchased a zero, and although i havent done much on it yet, quality seems fine to me. the service you receive (so far) from Richard at GBS also seems to be faultless at the moment. he always seems to have time to talk you few things if required.
iank

posted on 1/5/10 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
Probably because the Robin Hood owners club have a good forum and are the first port of call for Zero buyers.
http://community.rhocar.org/

[Edited on 1/5/10 by iank]

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

omega 24 v6

posted on 1/5/10 at 10:19 AM Reply With Quote
The Zero we looked at at Newark 2008 was quite good value we thought. As with all kit cars there were a lot of unfinished areas ( which to be honest are down to the builder) You will still have to make/source a lot of parts and in the end the final finish will be up to you.
if I had the room it would be my next kit ( for the young lad to build with my help).
It does come up for a bit of a slagging from time to time but we saw things on other kits that were way from perfect.

If it looks wrong it probably is wrong.

MikeRJ

posted on 1/5/10 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
Personally I quite like the Zero, it's one of the better proportioned 7 type cars and now they have dispensed with the horrible monocoques and the bent exhaust pipe chassis it looks a far better proposition.
dhutch

posted on 1/5/10 at 04:38 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, the zero appear to be a really good stab at a good car.
- However, before robin hood where taken over by GBSC the 2B and predecessors where indeed a little intersting in some design aspects.

Feel free to post on here however, even if you do buy one. I mean, there isnt that much said about westfeilds but having joined when looking at what i wanted (inc building a locost or mk indy) i have stayed for the down to earth good advice. Which is ofcause in the main as relevent to the westfeild as anything else. And unlike some of the comments on wscc, typically on here the budget is more resonable and student-compatable!

Daniel

AndyW

posted on 1/5/10 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
i collect my GBS Zero kit next week.!! Ive been on here for a while and most advise is relevant to what ever is being built. Personally I am happy with the decision to buy from GBS, there attitude towards the buyer was 100 times better than other makes who just looked you up and down as if you were wasting there time.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.