Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: skelatol / caged designs
richard

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
skelatol / caged designs

Seen a few people from here doing the above and wondered if anyone has produced plans for one yet.
After doing a book chassis locost and only ever played with front engine rear wheel drive of 1970 /1980s ilk, quite fancy having a go at car engine rear engine rear wheel drive, but do not want to pay normal production prices (MEV ). Following James Warner car in the present CKC mag has got the juices going again.
Round tube of course.
Richard.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
iank

posted on 31/5/10 at 09:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard
Seen a few people from here doing the above and wondered if anyone has produced plans for one yet.
After doing a book chassis locost and only ever played with front engine rear wheel drive of 1970 /1980s ilk, quite fancy having a go at car engine rear engine rear wheel drive, but do not want to pay normal production prices (MEV ). Following James Warner car in the present CKC mag has got the juices going again.
Round tube of course.
Richard.

Why not read about it here? He's known as cloudy and has the longest running thread

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/26/viewthread.php?tid=54042

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

matt_gsxr

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
I thought James was going to make his designs available for others? Don't know where I got that idea from. From memory SVA/IVA presented a few challenges, but was doable.

Perhaps the 3 GSXR1100wp engines that I now have will start accumulating value!!! I do remember him being disappointed with the R1's (just putting that out there for entertainments value).

Matt

cloudy

posted on 31/5/10 at 10:38 PM Reply With Quote
Still hoping to find a manufacturing partner to make these available, but haven't managed to make much headway yet

Hopefully the feature in the next CKC will show enough potential for someone to be interested...

James

www.warnercars.com

Alan B

posted on 31/5/10 at 11:28 PM Reply With Quote
Mine may be of interest too....

http://www.tiki-cars.com/

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
richard

posted on 1/6/10 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
cheers gents i will have a read.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.