Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration??? WTF
hugo_wilson

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Registration??? WTF

So i got through the ive through the trials of the IVA and on the same day i went to my local DVLA office to get the forms filled out for registration. that was 2 weeks ago. at the time they did not seem to have a clue but i figured that it would be put on the desk of someone who knows what they are doing. anyhow i phone them today and they say no progress has been made as yet and these kind of applications can take upto 6 MONTHS . Please tell me this cant be right, all they have to do is assign me a Q plate. How long has it taken in other peoples experience???, i was planning on driving it while its still sunny!
eznfrank

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:37 AM Reply With Quote
Someone might be able to help if you say which exact DVLA office it was - might now a name and if you're exceptionally lucky a number?
ashg

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
mine took 3 days from inspection to plates on the car

Who ever you spoke to was speaking out there ass. For them it is exactly the same as registering a car from the usa

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

BenB

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:41 AM Reply With Quote
I bet it's Borehamwood. They're fricking useless. In the end I submitted a request for compensation via the head office and that got things ticking along nicely. Mine took a month (but only because I kicked up a fuss, at 3 and a half weeks they done exactly nothing).

They really are an absolute shower I'd get a complaint in now

Bluemoon

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:44 AM Reply With Quote
Did mine took over 6 months, missed all the good weather for a whole year, also north London DVLA office... Wasted cash on insurance ect.. Only good part was they came out for the inspection (maybe that's why the long wait?)..

Dan

blue2cv

posted on 1/7/10 at 11:53 AM Reply With Quote
Just UK reg a 2cv, 4 days done
hugo_wilson

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I bet it's Borehamwood. They're fricking useless. In the end I submitted a request for compensation via the head office and that got things ticking along nicely. Mine took a month (but only because I kicked up a fuss, at 3 and a half weeks they done exactly nothing).

Dead Right!!! Borehamwood!! This does not bode well for me, they say they are going to phone back tomorrow, would it be worth taking it to a different office??

BenB

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
Annoyingly most DVLA offices will try to get out doing any work by referring you to your local office (if you go to one which isn't!!!!!!)......

There's no reason for it to take so long:

http://www.dft.gov.uk/dvla/contactus/if_things_go_wrong.aspx

Bluemoon

posted on 1/7/10 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_wilson
quote:
Originally posted by BenB

Dead Right!!! Borehamwood!! This does not bode well for me, they say they are going to phone back tomorrow, would it be worth taking it to a different office??

I was with Borehamwood as well by the way.. Complain, they only got motivated after I started to complain.. I think the application would have just sat in the "in" tray for ever, when I complained it was magically moved to the top of the pile..

Dan

gdp66

posted on 1/7/10 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
mine took approx 3 weeks from Iva.

about 10days till inspection, then approx. 1 week from inspection to tax .
my local office is wimbledon, but I work next to theale office. I would recommend Theale as every time I went in they were most helpfull.

coozer

posted on 1/7/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
Mine took less than 30 minutes form inspection to walking out with the tax disc.

The fluff on the counter didn't have a clue but was enthusiastic and called for help.

I walked out smiling congratulating them on a very pleasant experience.

Go get your paperwork back and take it somewhere else. Or else complain very strongly...

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

bbwales

posted on 1/7/10 at 01:26 PM Reply With Quote
Shrewsbury office was great, had my inspection and then told that I would have my Disc in 3 weeks, next day it was in the post less than 24 hours, Brill service.
matt_gsxr

posted on 1/7/10 at 01:27 PM Reply With Quote
they sent mine back because they wanted to know if I wanted an age related plate. I said yes, then it took them a week (and two visits) for them to tell me I couldn't have an age related plate (which I knew in the first place).

Then I needed an inspection, and their inspection centre would have no-where to park a trailer and I wasn't allowed to drive there.

They are all idiots (Oxford in my case).

Matt

hugo_wilson

posted on 1/7/10 at 02:37 PM Reply With Quote
so i have had 2 phone calls back from them now, the inspector is not in this week and may get in contact with me next week. youve got to hand it to them tho, they have mastered the art of being vague
BenB

posted on 1/7/10 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hugo_wilson
so i have had 2 phone calls back from them now, the inspector is not in this week and may get in contact with me next week. youve got to hand it to them tho, they have mastered the art of being vague

although from a distance clueless does look very much like vague

daviep

posted on 1/7/10 at 03:11 PM Reply With Quote
Dundee 1 hour from arriving in car park to paying for a tax disc.
PeteS2k

posted on 1/7/10 at 04:20 PM Reply With Quote
Preston

- Forms (and payment!) submitted on the way back from IVA.
- Inspection 1 week later (at local VOSA goods vehicle station - can't do inspections at DVLA office!) 5 mins for the DVLA inspector to write down and confirm chassis and engine numbers that the VOSA inspector had done the week before.
- Wait a further 2 weeks. Phone call to find out the the one person who does kit cars has been off, so nothing's been done
- After a further week, went round to check in person. While I was there, the bloke did it while I waited.

So 10 mins to walk out the door with a tax disc and reg certificate. Plus 4 weeks waiting for someone to look at the forms.

Seems to be pot luck depending on the local office and how they roster their staff.

COREdevelopments

posted on 1/7/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
30 mins in cardiff for a Q!! They are seriously extracting the urine from you with 6 MONTHS!!

Rob

mad4x4

posted on 1/7/10 at 05:48 PM Reply With Quote
6 Months - Your having a giraffe!

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

Bluemoon

posted on 6/7/10 at 12:23 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mad4x4
6 Months - Your having a giraffe!

Checked the paper work, exaggerated, it was actually only 5 (!).

Should have complained looks like I could have claimed back the insurance for that period from the DVLA...

Dan

hugo_wilson

posted on 15/7/10 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
THIS IS RIDICULOUS!!!

So I have been Chasing them up every day to get them to do stuff, f***ing woman keeps telling me there is no one in that department and it could be another week and a half until i get the papers looked at. What can i use as leverage, ive said that i have no problem with coming to the centre and that it is simply a Q plate that i want so there is no reason to assess anything, i cant help but think 99% of them are just thick as S**t and i am simply dying for them to prove me wrong!!!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.