Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Gaaaah!! What a Plank I am!! Help!
russbost

posted on 27/7/10 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
Gaaaah!! What a Plank I am!! Help!

Have put my father in laws Mondeo up for sale on Ebay as spares/repair - spot the deliberate error
Link

Yes, it's now a Modeo rather than a Mondeo. Ebay won't let me edit the title. I go to "revise my item" & it will only allow me to add a note - any way I can change this as it's not going to come up in search results?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
graememk

posted on 27/7/10 at 07:53 AM Reply With Quote
We've just got him a smaller car in the hope it will fit thro' some of the gaps he's been aiming the Mondeo at! :=)

MakeEverything

posted on 27/7/10 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
I dont think you can edit the title, because this is how ebay make their money.

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

RichardK

posted on 27/7/10 at 08:20 AM Reply With Quote
End it early and do another add

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
m8kwr

posted on 27/7/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Thats if they use the title search, but the car search engine thing use what you have put in the "Item specifics", which are correct.

LINK

It has 4 bids so people have found it

russbost

posted on 27/7/10 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
Thought that might be the case! Oh Bum!
Don't think it's worth putting another ad in as it's not expected to make much anyway & by the time paid for another ad then hardly worth it - there you go - bargain for somebody!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bonzoronnie

posted on 27/7/10 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
As far as I can recal, you are not allowed to alter the title once a bid has been placed.

Perhaps if you feel you are going to get a really bad deal from the sale, it might be worth cancelling all of the bids ( Error in listing )

Edit the title .... You could allways add an appology to the head of the description.

If the bidders are genuine, they'll understand & bid again

Could save you the cost of re-listing or selling it for a lot less than it's worth

Triton

posted on 27/7/10 at 09:43 AM Reply With Quote
Re advertise it as ebay has some daft rules that won't allow you to edit titles, I have fallen foul of it and should have ended the item early but like a twit I let it run and the item went for next to nowt...heyo!

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bonzoronnie

posted on 27/7/10 at 10:06 AM Reply With Quote
Here's a linky that may help

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/edit_listing.html

I have had to cancel bids in order to alter a listing many times.

Not done it recently but as far as I am aware, the rules have not changed !!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.