Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: cheapest general parts supplier, CBSonline?
bi22le

posted on 28/7/10 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
cheapest general parts supplier, CBSonline?

Hi all,

Im not a builder (one day though!) so I dont know the cheapest places to go to. CBSonline the best? Where else to shop for bits?

Im making a list of todos this winter coming and was wondering where is the cheapest place for:

foam sticky backed padding
GRP edge trimming
bolt covers
indicator light stawks
Wiring plugs and tidy spiral stuff
Horn switch

Oh and paint, filler and lacker.

Thanks

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

dave

posted on 28/7/10 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think there is any one place to go shopping, I would use Rally design but the postage puts me off same with CBS. You always get good offers on ebay.

ShaunB

posted on 28/7/10 at 11:34 PM Reply With Quote
I generally use Vehicle Wiring Products for electrics or my local Maplins.

eBay for bolt covers.

Paint, ect would be a local supplier.

franky

posted on 29/7/10 at 06:30 AM Reply With Quote
IMO CBS/rally design are very expensive to get bits from, they know its easy so thats how they get by, its not like their good value though.

I'd shop around as much as possible you can save a small fortune.

russbost

posted on 29/7/10 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
Use Eddie99 on here for wiring, ME for lighting, digital dash, seat belts & superb stainless steel braided hoses, Triton for your seats & probably several others on here I've missed for various other bits'n' pieces - & as said, Ebay is usually a good starting point.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
mrwibble

posted on 29/7/10 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
following peoples advice on here for the rear pipes i've got some lovely looking pipe work at the back now, that wants fixing.
cbs online want an arm and a leg in postage, £6.00 postage; for 5 p clips @ £4.20!

their nuts and bolts are also 5X the price of screwfix

[Edited on 29/7/10 by mrwibble]

mattf

posted on 29/7/10 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
I've used a number of different suppliers, the main ones being CBS, Merlin Motorsport and Vehicle Wiring Products. I find it's generally better to call cbs if you have a small order as the postage is a bit more sensible. Also, don't forget your local motor factors, they usually know someone who knows someone else that can get you that unusual part you require by the next day.
hughpinder

posted on 29/7/10 at 01:54 PM Reply With Quote
Don't forget the 'for sale' section on here, also browse the used stands at kit shows - you can (sometimes) get bargains).
Mix

posted on 29/7/10 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Polevolt Ltd is pretty competetive for electrical goods in my opinion.

Regards Mick

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.