Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: German registration/legallity requirements
russbost

posted on 13/9/10 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
German registration/legallity requirements

Sorry if this seems a bit random, but I know we have a massive knowledge database here!
Does anyone know what vehicles have to go thro' to get road legal in Germany?
Does it make a difference if the car is already road legal & registered over here & you then export it?
&, particularly, if you have a vehicle already registered over here which doesn't have to meet a CAT test, will it still have to meet Euro VI (IIRC) emissions regs if you then export & register in Germany?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
l0rd

posted on 13/9/10 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
I am not 100% sure but I would suspect that as in Greece, every imported car needs to meet the emisions requirements and needs to be fitted with a cat.
snapper

posted on 13/9/10 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
VOSA is now owenedby a German company, worth a call to them Russ

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

mangogrooveworkshop

posted on 13/9/10 at 01:03 PM Reply With Quote
give damdy cash a shout....he has recently taken a caterham over

russbost

posted on 13/9/10 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
Have u2u'd damdy-cash, awaiting response.
Spoke to VOSA, they were as helpful as they are able to be but they simply don't have the info - apparently meeting low volume approval in one country doesn't automatically mean a car can then be registered within another member state - although theoretically that is apparently what should happen.

Still looking for any other info or suggestions where to get it from if anyone can help - don't we have any German members?

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Fred W B

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Ross

Might be worth having a look on gt40s.com

Some guys on their are building cars in germany

Cheers

Fred W B

You can do it quickly. You can do it cheap. You can do it right. – Pick any two.

matt_claydon

posted on 13/9/10 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by snapper
VOSA is now owenedby a German company, worth a call to them Russ

VOSA is a Government Agency. They have talked about privatising but decided against it; it certainly isn't owned by the Germans!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.