Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Newbie
Sellsie

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote

This is my first post (of many to come) to say hello to the font of knowledge that is locostbuilders.

I am 3 years into a very slow build of a Mcsorley +4 chassis with a Vauxhall V6 squeezed in.
I have been using the search button to find info as and when needed but I feel that now is the time to try and give some info back if I can that is.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Howdy and welcome to the madhouse!

Any pictures? We love pictures

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

marcjagman

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome, what gearbox you using? Was it easy to attach? Wheres the pictures? Us simpltons like pictures cos we can't read very well.
Sellsie

posted on 22/11/10 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Sorry no pictures yet I will try to post some tomorrow for you all.

The gerabox is from an Omega and the engine is from a Vectra. All mached up no problem.
I have this conected to a Granada Cosworth Diff so time will tell if it all works as I hope.

FFTS

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
Yep pictures please!!

Wife, girlfriend or failing that car, engine etc

Chris.

russbost

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome!
It's always surprised me that no-one uses the Vaux V6, it's an awesome engine whether the 2.5, 2.6 or 3.0, wouldn't it have been easier to take everything from an Omega tho???

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Sellsie

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it would have been easier to get it all from the Omega but I obtained a nearly new Vectra 2.5 V6 for next to nothing with ECU etc and then added everything else to that.
marcjagman

posted on 22/11/10 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
I'll be using an Omega for my next build but probably the 2.2 16v, 142bhp in standard trim.
Sellsie

posted on 23/11/10 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
I have now added a couple of pictures to my archive but they are very big. I am working on how to reduce them to a usable size then I will post them on here.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.