Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Tool Chest
MonkeyBoyJnr

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Tool Chest

I've been offered for sale a tool chest by a mate of mine, but I've not heard of the manufacturer ( JFS ). From what I can see it looks to be of good quality and in good condition. He's asking £500 for it so wondered if anyone had any views/opinions on the make etc. Will try and upload some pics as soon as I get them.
Cheers, Jason :-)

[Edited on 19/1/11 by MonkeyBoyJnr]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Steve Hignett

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I bought a very nice 2nd hand Snap-On Roll & Top Cab a few years ago for £500 (might have been £550 now that I think about it!).

The JFS could be a fantastic box for all I know, but I'd rather go with something that I knew the value of, and if I ever needed too, I could re-sell it on ebay...

[Edited on 19/1/11 by Steve Hignett]

franky

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:44 PM Reply With Quote
you could have my huge mac tools one for not much more. JFS is a budget box.
SPYDER

posted on 19/1/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Take a look at.....
Halfords Industrial roll cab with FREE top box £389.
These are the black ones. Roller bearing drawers.
I can vouch for the quality.

Geoff

big_wasa

posted on 19/1/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
If you get a snap-on or mac you wont loose money if you pic well.
hillbillyracer

posted on 19/1/11 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Really need more info on size & spec to make much judgement, but for £500 second hand you should be getting something very nice.
I bought a Snap-On box for £150 similar to this: SNAP ON 9 DRAWER TOOL CHEST BOX SNAPON on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 19:55:15 GMT)
It was about 6 months old & had fallen out the back of a van. Actually it really had, all scuffed along the top edge & a bad dent in one corner but all worked fine & otherwise mint, the lad just could'nt stand to have a damaged box. The corner knocked back out fine & the scuffs just aint seen after 3 years of workshop use.

I got a large top box & roll-cab from AB Tools which was unbranded but very well made about (very heavy, roller drawer slides etc) 4 years ago, it was £4-500. The only problem is the top box is too big & heavy & I need it to be mobile, hence the purchase of the Snap-On box, that's about as big as I found practical to lift in & out of vans etc.

chris mason

posted on 19/1/11 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
i'm sure the large jfs top box and roll cab are only about £600 on ebay new, 2nd hand i'd be looking to pay about £250 max

RazMan

posted on 19/1/11 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
eBay Item

or even eBay Item

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.