Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: So many questions
lucky13

posted on 25/1/11 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
So many questions

If you use an mt75 does the plans from the manual work. I read somewhere there is a mistake in the book. Is their no build diaries on this site. i cant find them but im not very good with a computer. If the sierra twin cam engine is fitted with the mt75 does the bonnet need raised or something and will this not mess everything up. At this time of your year how can you stop the frame rusting till i get it all welded and if it does rust how would i ever get it cleaned? Ideally i wanted a zetec engine but at the minute i havent the funds to go that far. Is a q plate frowned upon? If i build her and get an sva and change her to a zetec at a later date would that work? Ive size 12 feet, would it be a tight fit with the mt75. If its awkward and uncomfortable id rather know now. Theres a part in the book i find hard to follow. I think its u1 and u2, it doesnt say where they go onto the bottom rail and i dont understand what they are trying to show in the picture at the bottom.
designer

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
You should tell us where you are.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
lucky13

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:07 PM Reply With Quote
northern ireland
handyandy

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Am I correct in thinking you are building the haynes Roadster?

If so, position of U1 & U2 .........get a centerline scribed onto BR7, then place the "feet" of U1 & U2 361mm apart, having the centerline really does help.

cheers
andy

snapper

posted on 25/1/11 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Clean off the rust with a sanding wheel, spray with red oxide, keep dry, when you want to weld rub back to metal, weld, repaint.
Dummy fit MT75 and engine, you may need to cut and move tunnel to fit, no big deal once you get your head round it.

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.