Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: road tax online
chrisxr2

posted on 25/1/11 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
road tax online

cant tax the roadster online as the bloody website says i dont have an mot. No i dont need one till august. Being with adrian flux means i now need to send of for the insurance documents to tax it as all their documentation is done through email. Why the hell do we have all these bloody datatbases that cant talk to each other is beyond me.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

bi22le

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
With live in the UK. Its one of those places that look so good, well run and a fun place to be untill your in it and living the 'dream'.

Dont worry we have a second recession to look forward to!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

SteveWalker

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Postoffices are supposed to accept self-printed certificates if your insurance company sends them out that way.

[Edited on 25/1/11 by SteveWalker]

Ninehigh

posted on 25/1/11 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
Postoffices are supposed to accept self-printed certificates if your insurance company sends them out that way.

[Edited on 25/1/11 by SteveWalker]

I've had a couple of those day insurance things out recently, and their t+c's have stated that although their documents are fine for taxing a car, the post office people might well give you the "s**t on your cornflakes" treatment

chrisxr2

posted on 26/1/11 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
WTF cant tax my car

The stupid cow i spoke to from the dvla is now saying i cant tax the car as the date of manufacture is unknown and therefore it could be more than three years old. Muppets she is now saying the car needs an mot, what so you need to sva it then mot it to tax it, i dont think so. Cant mot the car as currently bits of it so not running, if i sorn it i cant run it and test it to get it ready for an mot, going to try and find out more from my local dvla office.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

JoelP

posted on 26/1/11 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
DVLA dont know arse from elbow. Your best bet is to find a post office that will accept the age from the v5. Last time i needed a slack post office near leeds, my friend pointed me to tockwith. They accepted a tipex'd v5!

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

tony-devon

posted on 26/1/11 at 11:10 AM Reply With Quote
post office will accept the home printed version of the insurance no problems

I do it all the time, my bikes are with an online comany, monthly policy, they dont send you a thing, you do everything yourself online, change of vehicle, modifications etc

heavy is good, heavy is reliable, and if it breaks, hit them with it

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisxr2

posted on 26/1/11 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
sorted i think

Think ive sussed it, just ned a v112 for the post office to say the car doent need its mot. Our local tax issuing office is a nightmare for not issuing with printed insurance docs from home, have pinged adrian flux to send me hard copies.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.