Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike carb angles
stevec

posted on 29/1/11 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
Bike carb angles

Does it matter if bike carbs are fitted to an engine at a different angle than originally fitted to the bike? for example a carb with a float bowl that was originally horizontal and is now tilted forward say 30deg. Will that have a bad effect on fuel level in the float chamber.
Cheers.
Steve.

r1_pete

posted on 29/1/11 at 06:05 PM Reply With Quote
They seem to be quite forgiving angle wise, when I did mine, I had the manifold made so it set them at the same angle as on the bike.

IMO keep the float chamber gasket face as horizontal as possible.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jacko

posted on 29/1/11 at 08:55 PM Reply With Quote
This is a photo off Bogg Brothers web site of a rover v8

[Edited on 29/1/11 by jacko]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
RAYLEE29

posted on 29/1/11 at 10:12 PM Reply With Quote
ooh that yellow one looks like a tr7v8
anyone want one? got one in the garage that doesnt get used lol
well they obviously work like that so must be ok
ive kept mine at the same angle as they were on the bike they came off
Ray

DarrenW

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
Logic would say try to keep them at a similar angle to that on the bike, but of course bikes are rarely upright and do occasionally go up and down hills.

I had an in depth discussion with Boggs about this some time ago, and the conclusion was that it doesnt really matter. I angled mine so that the air filter cleared the chassis. They used the V8 install as a proven example.

blakep82

posted on 7/2/11 at 05:50 PM Reply With Quote
i think the only difference is how much fuel they hold in the bowl before opening or closing the valve. i should imagine as long as they're not upside down, they should work reasonably well.

eg if horizontal, they might only fill up a quarter of the way they normally would when fitten originaly. should be fine in a car i think, since they don't change angle too much.

i hope anyway, mine are not fitted the same as in the bike

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.