Author: Subject: HTC HD7 or Desire HD
Hellfire

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
HTC HD7 or Desire HD

Which one and why?

Phil

handyandy

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:35 PM Reply With Quote
I looked at them too, only 2 weeks ago, ( i,ve just purchased my first Smart phone), in the end I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy "S", due to it having the bigger screen,

Now i,ve got used to it...its brill , the Swype function is a work of genius, no need to Type a message, just run finger over the letters( without leaving the screen as you go to the next letter) & hey presto it types the word you want.

cheers
andy

blakep82

posted on 23/2/11 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
couldn't tell the difference between the two, but got the desire hd last week, and its been brilliant. battery life hasn't been great, but thats my only problem with it.
i imagine the HD7 will be about the same though, but no experience of it, so don't know.
as such, not tried windows mobile, but i'd say android (as per the desire hd) there's more available for it. more apps if thats your thing

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

wylliezx9r

posted on 23/2/11 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by handyandy
I looked at them too, only 2 weeks ago, ( i,ve just purchased my first Smart phone), in the end I decided to go for the Samsung Galaxy "S", due to it having the bigger screen,

Now i,ve got used to it...its brill , the Swype function is a work of genius, no need to Type a message, just run finger over the letters( without leaving the screen as you go to the next letter) & hey presto it types the word you want.

cheers
andy

Ummmmm I think you'll find the desire hd has the biggest screen by an inch, I've had mine for 6 months, best phone I've ever had after upgrading from an iPhone. It has full flash as well so all websites are the same as on a pc.

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.
George Best

locoR1

posted on 23/2/11 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
As blake's post above just got the desire hd very impressed with it apart from battery life
but guess that won't be as bad once the noveltys worn off.

Tested the sat nav on the way to work tonight, works spot on.

No experience of the other so can't comment on that.

I'm posting on it now

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

blakep82

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
As blake's post above just got the desire hd very impressed with it apart from battery life
but guess that won't be as bad once the noveltys worn off.

Tested the sat nav on the way to work tonight, works spot on.

No experience of the other so can't comment on that.

I'm posting on it now

nail on the head there, once i can leave it alone for more than 5 minutes, and turn off all the auto updates for the weather and stuff, then it should last about 3 days (according to my mate who i think has the normal desire)

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

UncleFista

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
I have a DHD, top phone, but the battery life can be a pain if you never leave the thing alone (like me)
I've found the thing below a godsend.
It's a battery pack which will charge the phone around 3 times before it needs charging.

Strangely enough the battery life on my phone seems to have got better with time, and easily lasts at least 24 hours now.

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

locoR1

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:36 PM Reply With Quote
Looks like a handy bit of kit what sort of price are they thought?

As my phone gets used on the internet allot on night shifts I've just brought another genuine HTC charger to keep at work 7.99 delivered from eBay

[Edited on 23/2/11 by locoR1]

Description
Description
Check out my CB500T Cafe Racer build diary

nick205

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:41 PM Reply With Quote
Different, but similar phones, but I have an HD2 with Windows, SWMBO has a Desire with Android.

Generally Android seems more stable and currently there is more available for it in the way of apps and games (if that's you thing).

SWMBOs battery lasts a couple of days with medium use.

Mine lasts a day at best, but that's heavy use for email, web, etc.

UncleFista

posted on 23/2/11 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
Looks like a handy bit of kit what sort of price are they thought?
[Edited on 23/2/11 by locoR1]

Just click on the pic for the link

Tony Bond / UncleFista

Love is like a snowmobile, speeding across the frozen tundra.
Which suddenly flips, pinning you underneath.
At night the ice-weasels come...

SeanStone

posted on 23/2/11 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
going to put a spanner in the orks and reccomend the nokia n900. it's a very powerful phone and has excellent media capabilities. Definitely worth looking into. had one for nearly a year now and there still isn't a phone that can rival it for my uses
James

posted on 23/2/11 at 11:33 PM Reply With Quote
My girlfriend spent a long time testing the Desire and the Samsung Galaxy S.

She went with the Galaxy S and is nothing but pleased with it. Have to admit I'm very impressed with what I've seen it do so far. The apps are brilliant.

Cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

Agriv8

posted on 24/2/11 at 11:43 AM Reply With Quote
Depends what you whant to do the HD7 is good but is locked down more that prvious versions of wim mobile. the version I saw did not have SD slot and some of the windows bits that were working on 6.5 are either not there or very clunky.

So id leave win mobile 7 to bed in a bit first but people who have em seem happy.

I would take an HD7 but only so I can investigate it

regards

Agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.