Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Buying a single ht lead?
chrisxr2

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Buying a single ht lead?

is it possible to buy a single ht lead?? The lead from my coil to the dizzy has one of these on, which i think may be not helping with my misfire issues,

SPITFIRE MULTISPARK IGNITION IMPROVER FOR FORD USA on eBay (end time 19-Apr-11 09:30:46 BST)

the standard lead is just slighlt to short, anyone ever been to partco or similar and bough a single lead to size?? Does the legth make any big difference to the coil dizzy??

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Daddylonglegs

posted on 4/4/11 at 07:59 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure, but I might have a spare lead somewhere. I can have a look and measure it for you if that will help?

John

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

nick205

posted on 4/4/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I'd suggest getting one made to length - sure Premier Wiring or similar would have the parts and tools to do it for you.

Probably as cost effective and reliable to buy a full set though I'd have thought?

Chippy

posted on 4/4/11 at 08:13 PM Reply With Quote
Scrap Yard, any length, any model, and best of all locost, :-) Ray

To make a car go faster, just add lightness. Colin Chapman - OR - fit a bigger engine. Chippy

chrisxr2

posted on 4/4/11 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
daddylonglegs, thats very kind of you, nick 205 i bought a full set but the dizzy to coil lead is about 2cm short of being a good fit because of where the coil is, Willl try partco if not then the scrappy as long as length is not an issue, thanks all.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

SteveWalker

posted on 4/4/11 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
I don't know if it's still the same, but Halfords used to sell some individual leads.
Mr Whippy

posted on 4/4/11 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SteveWalker
I don't know if it's still the same, but Halfords used to sell some individual leads.

yeah I think they still do in my store

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
chrisxr2

posted on 5/4/11 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
no dice

no luck at halfords or partco. Only want coil to dizzy lead to take the stupid splitfire out the equation
adithorp

posted on 5/4/11 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
The resistance increases with length in carbon core HT leads About 5, but a few inches doesn't matter too much. You just want them to be a short as possible without pulling or tight bends.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

chrisxr2

posted on 5/4/11 at 04:29 PM Reply With Quote
hahaha result

No luck at srapyard, but found a set suitable as spares for my ht leads with a longer coil lead at halfords for a tenner due to one lead missing so relatively pleased with myself.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.