Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Thanks to atspeed
livelee

posted on 21/4/11 at 09:29 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks to atspeed

I had my car mapped there yesterday.

A new build with a new engine never been driven so I was nervous about potential problems. Fortunately (nearly) everything went well and Colin did a great job. The samosas at lunch were lovely. No leaks, cooling system worked well etc. The only issue was the fuel pump not being man enough to deliver fuel beyone 6krpm, it's starting to sounds a bit sick as well. A Bosch 044 was suggested so i'll be buying one of those and returning for the final part of the map to be completed.

Engine is a, standard, freshly rebuilt Silver Top 2.0 Zetec, running on 40 bodies with OMEX 500 management. I put ARP bolts in the bottom end so we'll rev to 7.5k should it need it.

Figures below are ATW, no idea what a fly figure would be, any ideas? standard type 9 box with a 3.9 sierra LSD diff in the back.

Obligatory rolling road video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4tXs223PS8

Cheers

Mohammed Patel

[Edited on 21/4/11 by livelee]

[Edited on 21/4/11 by livelee]

atspeed racing

posted on 21/4/11 at 09:48 AM Reply With Quote
Glad you are pleased.
The reason there where no problems on the rollers is due to the time and effort that you put in making sure it was ready for mapping.
A good example of a home build.

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
livelee

posted on 21/4/11 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
*blushes*
Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 21/4/11 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
Add 20% is a very rough calculation so 160 ish at the wheels.

Atspeed set mine up too, although not quite so complimentary about my build skills.

Probably as i err 'lost' a bit of coolant on the floor......

Interesting to see the power difference, my car is a 2.0 blacktop, running megajolt and twin 45s. Produced 125 at the wheels.

livelee

posted on 21/4/11 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
Not bad then, a bit up on the standard engine. What revs were you running to, did you gain much above 6k? I'm assuming you have a standard head?

Not driven mine, how does 125atw feel, fast? I need to weigh my car, but I want over 300/tonne ideally.

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 21/4/11 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
Standard zetec is about 130 at the fly, so would be 105 ish at the wheels.

Its fast yours will be faster. My car is pretty light (striker) but you will feel that extra 10hp.

My limiter is set at 6500, its a road car mainly so i don't want to blow it up. On your graph you can see peak power is at 6300, i reckon you'd need to change the cams or/and throttle body diameters to increase the power up the rev range. I'm no expert though.

is it for road or track?

livelee

posted on 21/4/11 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
It started life as a replacement for a very bent mac#1, that ended up getting benter due to a friend and a tree. Did the poor thing (and me) a favour tbh.

Over the build it has been a track focused car without compromising IVA compliance. I will get it registered at some point. I have a national B licence and a 750mc membership so I'll be doing some all comers races once the cars spot on.

If you look at the AFR you can see where the fuel pump starts going limp before 6krpm. I would hope atspeed can squeeze a little more out of it.

Cams and headwork and larger bodies would get us more top end but I don't want to hurt the low down torque as I'm also going to use the car for auto testing.

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.