femster87

posted on 25/4/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
type 9 short shift quickshift

Has anybody used this kit? Just wanted some recommendations before i order it

WESTFIELD CATERHAM 7 DAX LOCOST 5 SPEED QUICKSHIFT KIT | eBay UK

cheers

handyandy

posted on 25/4/11 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
I have one fitted to my kit, makes a nice "positive & short" action, bit of a fiddle to fit but I,m well pleased with it.

tip.... if you are going to Stoneleigh, Rally Design were selling them at the show for £15 all in last year

cheers
andy

femster87

posted on 25/4/11 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
cheers mate
blakep82

posted on 25/4/11 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
depending how much of the lever sticks out the tunnel, i just cut the rubber bush thingy off mine (make sure you cut the bush off the rod, and don't cut the rod), cut an m10 thread on the bit left over, and put the gear knob back on. between 3rd and 4th gear, must be about 3" of movement lol, doesn't cost anything either, but it does leave the lever VERY short

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

mad-butcher

posted on 26/4/11 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
Here we go then

tony

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
David Jenkins

posted on 26/4/11 at 08:33 AM Reply With Quote
Dave Andrews' design does work, as shown in Tony's link ^^^^^^^, mine's been on my car for quite a few years.

Don't over-shorten the gear lever though, as you need some leverage to get through the gears! I made mine much too short, and made the shift quite heavy to operate. I ended up having to make an extension to add a couple of inches (ooer missus!).

Humbug

posted on 26/4/11 at 09:19 AM Reply With Quote
I used the Dave Andrews quickshift adjustment and also removed the top part of the shaft (rubber bit upwards). As above, it leaves the lever a bit short, so I sleeved it to add back a couple of inches and now it is perfect.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.