Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Hello all, any assistance greatly appreciated
Zx10r wannabe

posted on 2/6/11 at 06:25 AM Reply With Quote
Hello all, any assistance greatly appreciated

Hello all,

I am looking for whatever advice I can get, I have a zx10r engine and loom and am looking for a part built Locost rolling chassis to transplant my engine into,

I know nothing about reck ended suspension set ups, chassis types(whether they can be adapted) drive systems, what to steer clear of basically I am a kit car virgin with car/ motorcycle mechanical knowledge looking to get involved in this adrenaline fueled environment since selling my road trx450r and my yzf !

All information greatly appreciated

adithorp

posted on 2/6/11 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome!
If you put your rough lcation in your profile it'll help people recommend meets, etc, where you could look around some fiished cars and ask questions. You might even have someone nearby who'd give you a ride and nosey around thier car.
Newark show is coming up (18/19 June) so if you can, get over to that and have a look around. If the weather is good there'll be lots of cars there.
A bike engine will fit with the right mountings into just about any chassis. There's a god list of bits you'd need in the Engine section.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

bi22le

posted on 2/6/11 at 12:25 PM Reply With Quote
Welcome along!

I strongly suggest you spend a couple of evenings putting choice words into the search bar and read the posts. There are lots of different chassis out there and to a certain extent its down to preference, expected use and location. The search will show you what people think of certain chasiss and the most common ones that have a ZX10 or BEC set up. My personal thoughts of chassis you should consider include:

MAC 1
MNR
MK
RAW

Your final decision may also be decided by your Physical size. RAW Strikers are smallest on the market. Leugo Veinto (I think its spelt) are one of the biggest.

Then go a visit people and have a sniff around some cars. Manufactures, local kit car groups and manufactures.

There are often part build chasis that come up that could take a ZX10 so keep your eyes peeled.

Good luck.

Biz

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

jossey

posted on 2/6/11 at 01:41 PM Reply With Quote
you can always get any part built car and get he cradle for the zx10 i think MNR do one. and get it welded in place. it just removes like a cage and the lifts out.

easy peezy.

i had mine in place without a cage in solid welded mounts. but i couldnt lift it out when id built the engine so ive removed it and put it in a cage and droped it back in.

thanks and good luck.

i have the ZZR1100 engine which i hear is the same mounts so you can look at my setup if you need to.

make sure you have room infront of the engine to remove the clutch and gearbox if needed.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adithorp

posted on 2/6/11 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
Southern Kit Car Club (SKCC) have a monthly meet down your way.Details should be in here somewhere.

[Edited on 2/6/11 by adithorp]

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.