Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: where to get dulux paint from cheaply?
mads

posted on 3/6/11 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
where to get dulux paint from cheaply?

hey up all,
parents are wanting to paint one of the rooms at their house with a background colour and an accent colour. however, the colours chosen are those by dulux which are made up in-store rather than off-the-shelf. anyone know the cheapest place to get these made up? they need at least 10 litres of the accent one and around 25 litres of the background which works out quite pricey. and do they usually need 2 coats applying or is one sufficient?

cheers,

mads

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

McLannahan

posted on 3/6/11 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Bonjour Mads - I have some made up in B and Q last month. It was a special Dulux order colour for the kitchen. The sample tester pot cost 3.50 I think but this was taken off the paint when we had it made up. The paint (I had a 10litre can made up) had 20% off too. Worked out cheaper than the off the shelf B&Q branded stuff.

I calculated on two or three coats but it was brilliant paint. Really nice and thick, brush marks nearly invisible, roller finish even better. I now struggle to see the differences between brush finish and roller. In the end most of the room has been done in one coat and it's a great finish. Never bought decent branded paint before and I'll not go back now. Not only do I still have 1/2 a can left, finish is excellent and it worked out cheaper than off the shelf!

It was a special offer but one I think they do quite often?

MikeR

posted on 3/6/11 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
try looking up a dulux trade centre.
mark chandler

posted on 3/6/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Focus are flogging paint 25% off at present as they close down
skodaman

posted on 3/6/11 at 10:40 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Mads,
Better with two coats. Might get away with one. Cheap paint isn't worth it and I've used lots cos I've got flats. It just takes more coats to cover.
PS. Learn to weld young man, learn to weld.

Skodaman

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.