Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Q plates in spain
ross05

posted on 17/11/11 at 11:13 AM Reply With Quote
Q plates in spain

Hi guys,

I am a new member from spain,moved over about 10yrs ago from the uk.

can anybody advise regarding importing a kit car ie westfield into spain,I have been informed locally that a car with an age related plate is not a problem,but I am finding it difficult to find one.So can a Q plated car be imported????

looking forward to any response positive or negative

cheers Ross

[Edited on 17/11/11 by ross05]

designer

posted on 17/11/11 at 11:58 AM Reply With Quote
Contact bobinspain
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bobinspain

posted on 17/11/11 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ross05
Hi guys,

I am a new member from spain,moved over about 10yrs ago from the uk.

can anybody advise regarding importing a kit car ie westfield into spain,I have been informed locally that a car with an age related plate is not a problem,but I am finding it difficult to find one.So can a Q plated car be imported????

looking forward to any response positive or negative

cheers Ross

[Edited on 17/11/11 by ross05]

U2U Sent Ross.
I'll help if at all possible. It may save you some time (at least).
My MK Indy-R Busa factory build has been IVA'd and was up at Daytuner with Danny yesterday for engine set-up and mapping.
It should be out here in Spain very soon, (courtesy of Baz at MK). Then the fun starts in getting matriculation. I'm using carimportinspain to do the whole process for me. Car will arrive with them (Tortosa, Tarragona) for them to take through engineer's report, ficha tecnica, emissions/noise testing, ITV etc. Hopefully, I'll get a call after a week/10days, saying "your car's all road legal, come and pick it up. Bring lots of money!"
Regards, Bob.

ross05

posted on 17/11/11 at 12:50 PM Reply With Quote
q plate

cheers Bob,

has your car been registered in the uk ?

bobinspain

posted on 17/11/11 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ross05
cheers Bob,

has your car been registered in the uk ?

Yep, on a '2011' plate.
In essence, and from my limited experience Ross, the Q-plate doesn't mean much here. The relaxation of emission limits applies to cars over 25 yrs old. The 0.35% CO limit is relaxed slightly and the Lamda limit doesn't apply. (ooo, I sound all techie !!)
That said, different regions here are a 'law unto themselves,' particularly where trafico are concerned. An MK R1 recently sold, was a 2010 UK build and re-plated as a 2011 car here in april by its Spanish owner. Strangely, the documentation for the car classes it as a 'classic' (over 25 yrs old), because the diff' came out of a 1985 Sierra and that was reflected in the UK documentation as presented to the testers here. OK, so the car is classed as a 26 yr old car, (and thus must be ITV'd annually), but insurance costs 140e a year, compared to around 400e/yr which is my best quote.

bobinspain

posted on 17/11/11 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Ross,

I note you've tried Gassing Station at P/Heads, who pretty much back up what I said about an apparent total absence of Q plates here. (See the cars here: www.autoscout24.com).

Having just checked out autoscout, I note that in the couple of months since I last looked, there are 26 cars up for sale as "Lotus". (basically, anything remotely 7esque). There's a new (well, new to me) seller in Alicante with 4 or 5 cars for sale at around the 8k euro mark, www.cochesyclasicos.com I've never seen him advertise before, but his cars all appear ready-matriculated. That kind of price would never have been found as recently as 4 months ago, when I ordered my car.
In the autoscout listing, for comparison, is a Dax Rush, (nothing out-of-the-ordinary) 2-litre and the guy's asking 35,000 euros for it !!
You probably know all the caveats about Spanish built/owned/operated cars, so I won't bore you.

ross05

posted on 17/11/11 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Q plates in spain

Hi bob,
just checked autoscout hmmmm 8k for a robin hood!!! looking at some of the photos they show the cars on there original uk plates and a couple are Q plated SO we presume transfering a Q plate is possible.One of the cars is a 91 westfield @18k but doesnot show no plate!!

still doing my homework if you can transfer a Q I am back on pistonheads and booking a flight !!!!!

cheers Ross

going to phone your chap later( car import people)

speak soon many thanks for your help

bobinspain

posted on 17/11/11 at 03:32 PM Reply With Quote
Ross,

The cochesyclassicos garage clearly has considerable success in getting motors matriculated here. I've just taken another 'butchers' at his listings, and other than the 'Vettes, they're all right-hookers. It's no big deal with a 5' 6" open top, but I'm really accustomed to LHD now, (like you, been here 10 years), so my MK is LHD.
MKs are sold as Garbis here and the contact is juli@servidalia.com. His prices are astronomical however. (from 26k euros, last time I looked).
www.formulafuturo.com

ross05

posted on 17/11/11 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
Q plates in spain

Bob just spoke to chris re matriculating Q plate

NO PROBLEM SO HOPE TO PURCHASE A WESTFIELD VERY SOON !!!

thanks very much for your help

one very happy ex kit car owner now looking for a new project.

bobinspain

posted on 17/11/11 at 08:16 PM Reply With Quote
No sweat Ross. Well done.
I'm learning as I go along too. If we meet up, you can buy me an ice cold one. Cheers, and keep in touch.
I'll let you know when my car is on the road.
Bob.

Ninehigh

posted on 17/11/11 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobinspain
Then the fun starts in getting matriculation.

Should have been measuring in metres to begin with

ross05

posted on 18/11/11 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
q plate

Bob we have just ordered tickets for 2012 goodwood festival of speed if you are going give us a shout,....

and maybe I can buy you that beer....

cheers Ross

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.