Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 1.6 zetec itbs and oem management
Autosri

posted on 13/3/12 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
1.6 zetec itbs and oem management

Is it possible to run throttle bodies on a zetec but still keep the oem engine management as my mate has a focus so don't know how you would run aftermarket management
mark chandler

posted on 13/3/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
I imagine you could with a little imagination but would need to retain the MAF so effectively you would replace one large TB with 4 smaller ones.

The volumn of air entering would not scale for small throttle openings, so not really worth the effort.

Aftermarket management replaces the ECU, nowadays these also tend to be tied into the security systems and dashboards so keeping the car feeling very original may not be that easy.

will121

posted on 13/3/12 at 10:32 PM Reply With Quote
its possible main issue is need to still run a common plenum across the throttle bodies to maintain the MAF sensor
Rob F

posted on 14/3/12 at 07:12 AM Reply With Quote
Works ok for me on a 1.8 with early non pats ecu. It is pretty sensitive just off idle as Mark suggested, which makes it difficult to drive smoothly below 30mph.
I've got a wideband which shows it seems to cope ok with all the changes although it's probably not running rich enough for peak power
Zetec plenum
Zetec plenum

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.