Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Instruction Manual
Padstar

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:24 AM Reply With Quote
Instruction Manual

Hi,

I have now read the Haynes book over and over but was wondering if there is a more detailed step-by-step build manual. I finf the book itself to be very vague and seems to just brush over many complex topics (its still a very good book dont get me wrong!).

I recently noticed a Westfield build manual posted on here and that is the sort of thing i am after. Something that actualy talks you through each step of the build rather than a handfull of pages describing a full break install.

Is there such a thing? Can the westfield manual be used and followed with reasonable chance of a successfull project.

I love the series a car / race car is born and whilst i realise they are true kit cars being built by mark, they seem far more straight forward with a decent set of instructions. Isentialy with the Hyanes you are building the same thing but are just fabricating or sourcing the parts yourself rather than having them delivered in the box.

The haynes is perfect for teh chasis build which i guess is the key part if not buying a tarditional kit but if you guys have any other literature or advise on where to go it would be great.

iank

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:41 AM Reply With Quote
I did have a copy of the Caterham build manuals at one point. I'll have a look around and see if I still do.

They are very comprehensive, but I don't think there's anything like that for the Haynes. Once you get that detailed they are rather car specific, but they do give a good idea about what operations are required and the way one manufacturer solved the problems.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Macbeast

posted on 1/6/12 at 07:54 AM Reply With Quote
Flak Monkey on here had an excellent build manual but the site seems to have disappeared. If he sees this he may post a new link.

I'm addicted to brake fluid, but I can stop anytime.

Andybarbet

posted on 1/6/12 at 12:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have a Luego build manual on cd rom somewhere, maybe ask in the luego section, someone may be able to email a copy or know of a web address that has it on ?
John P

posted on 1/6/12 at 03:24 PM Reply With Quote
I think it helps to have the original Ron Champion LoCost book as well as the Haynes one since this gives a lot more practical guidance.

That being said I also have a number of build manuals which I have downloaded and would happily e-mail over if you U2U your e-mail address.

John.

Westy1994

posted on 1/6/12 at 03:59 PM Reply With Quote
I am suprised there is not a 'Stickey' thread about these manuals, we can all given enough time find most stuff online, but would it not be better to create a thread just for manuals alone, that way we can all add our own finds to the list?

Just throwing that out there.....

iank

posted on 1/6/12 at 05:22 PM Reply With Quote
Found the caterham manuals.
u2u me with an email address if you want them.

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

T66

posted on 1/6/12 at 05:39 PM Reply With Quote
From memory I have an MK Indy, FisherFury manual I can email you, may have another one just cannot recall what.

U2 an email address.

Is a sticky possible Chris ?? Copyright and so on....

Padstar

posted on 5/6/12 at 04:12 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to everyone who has sent me various build manuals. Just need to print them all off now and go through them all to dig out the best bits.
Angel Acevedo

posted on 24/6/12 at 04:50 AM Reply With Quote
The best Build Manual is LOCOSTBUILDERS.CO.UK!!
PERIOD!!
The only problem with it is that it seems to be written with someone with ADD!!

Beware of what you wish.. for it may come true....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
clairetoo

posted on 24/6/12 at 08:30 AM Reply With Quote
I once suggested to Mark Fisher that he print the Fury build manual on softer paper

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

Mark Allanson

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:38 PM Reply With Quote
The one and original

Lotus manual
Lotus manual

Lotus manual pages
Lotus manual pages

If you can keep you head, whilst all others around you are losing theirs, you are not fully aware of the situation

iank

posted on 24/6/12 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Angel Acevedo
The only problem with it is that it seems to be written with someone with ADD!!

Ohh look a shiny...

--
Anonymous

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.